Aaron D Clevenger
Areas of Expertise
- International Programming
- Immigration Regulation
- International Education
- Experiential Learning
- Storytelling for Social Change
- Cultural Studies
- Cultural Awareness through Storytelling
- Sharing Culture through Storytelling
Aaron serves as the Dean of International Programs at Embry-Riddle’s Daytona Beach Campus. In addition, he is an adjunct professor for the colleges of Arts and Science and Business, having taught courses in Organizational Behavior, Ethics and Social Responsibility, and Business Skills for Homeland Security.
Aaron graduated with a BA in Interpersonal Communication and a MA in Educational Leadership from the University of Central Florida. His Doctorate of Education in Higher Education and Organizational Change is from Benedictine University in Lisle, IL.
Aaron’s areas of research interest include storytelling, cultural studies, motivation theories, and experiential learning including study abroad, internships/co-ops, and service learning experiences.
- Ed.D. - Doctor of Education in Higher Education and Organizational Change, Benedictine University
- M.A. - Master of Arts in Higher Education/Student Perso, University of Central Florida
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in Interpersonal Communication, University of Central Florida
- HLSD 280: Pro Skills in Homeland Sec
- BA 317 - Organizational Behavior
- BA 325 - Ethics and Social Responsibility
- HS 280 - Business of Homeland Security
- HLSD280 – Pro Skills in Homeland Sec
- HON150 - Social Media for Social Change (Honors Course)
- HON150 – Storytelling for Social Change (Honors Course)
- MSLD 634: Leadership Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
Clevenger, A. (2015). Experiential Education as a Framework for Student Affairs’ Educator Role. Journal of Student Affairs, 24(1).
George, K.W., & Clevenger, A.D. (2015). “Ignite: Research the SEA (Southeast Asia).” Aerospace Industry Report, edited by Materna, R. et al., 4th ed., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide, pp. 239–241.
Clevenger, A.D. (2014). A Phenomenological Study: Motivation as Experienced by Engineering Design Competitors at a Selective Engineering University (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from http://works.bepress.com/aaron_clevenger/6/
Clevenger, A., and George, K. W. (2012) Ignite. Publication. Ed. Doug Gutierrez. Revised ed. Daytona Beach: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Clevenger, A. and Powell, R. (2011). Film Review: Bullied: A Student, a School and a Case that Made History AFA Essentials 2011.
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University - 2/2004 – Present
- Dean, International Programs - 11/2015- Present
- Adjunct Professor - 8/2012 - Present
- Executive Director, Undergraduate Research and Experiential Education - 11/2011- 12/2015
- Director, Student Activities & Campus Events - 2/2007- 2011
- Interim Assistant Director, Housing & Residence Life - 8/2006-7/2007
- Assistant Director, Student Activities (Fraternity & Sorority) - 2/2004-2/2007
Memberships and Credentials
- Reviewer International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics and Aerospace (IJAAA), a peer-reviewed journal, Jan 2018
- NAFSA - Association of International Educators - 2015 to Present
- CIS – Council of International Schools – 2015 - Present
- NAGAP - The Association for Graduate Enrollment Management – 2015 - Present
- Editorial Board of Beyond: The Undergraduate Research Journal – 2012 - 2015
Credentials & Certifications
- NAFSA F-1 Student Advising for Beginners
- NAFSA J-1 Advising for Beginners
- Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research – Collaborative Institutional Training Initiatives (CITI)
- Protecting Human Research Participants – National Institutes of Health (NIH) License # 581773
- Leadership Orlando Class 90 Graduate (Year long training with seminars)
Honor Society & Fraternal Memberships
- Delta Upsilon Fraternity
- Pi Lambda Theta Education Honors Society
- Order of Omega Honors Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honors Society
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
- National Society for Experiential Education’s Outstanding Experiential Education Research/Dissertation of the Year Award
- Florida Association of Residence Halls’ (FARH) Florida Excellence in Housing Award
- CTLE: Course Redesign Grant for redesigning HS 280, 2012
- CTLE: Digital Lab Grant, 2015-16
- Staff Member of the Year nominated by the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Senior graduating class, 2005.
- Delta Upsilon International Fraternity Key Volunteer Award
- Walt Disney World Partners in Excellence Award