Alan R. Bender
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Bender, originally a California native, lives in Ashland, Oregon, and is a Professor of Aeronautics for Embry-Riddle Worldwide. Dr. Bender has been with Embry-Riddle Worldwide for over 30 years, the longest of any current full-time faculty. Dr. Bender was among the very first full-time faculty hired by Worldwide in the 1980s, the faculty group responsible for writing the Worldwide Faculty Constitution and Faculty Handbook (Part IV), as well as for organizing a Worldwide Faculty Assembly and Faculty Senate. In his many years with Worldwide, Dr. Bender has served as a Faculty Senate Speaker and Vice Speaker as well as a department chair and research chair.
Dr. Bender has numerous research publications in a variety of aviation, transportation, and environmental journals. His perspectives on the airline and airport businesses have appeared in every major news publication in the United States over the last 25 years.
Dr. Bender's hobbies are world travel, American history, rare/unusual tropical fish and plants, and home restoration. Dr. Bender's historic 1909 Oregon home has been featured in local and regional newspapers and magazines; it is also on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Geography, University of California System : Berkeley
- M.S. - Master of Science in Transportation Engineering (civil), University of California System : Berkeley
- M.A. - Master of Arts in Geography, University of California System : Los Angeles
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in Geography, University of California System : Los Angeles
Ratings and Certificates
- ASCI 691: Graduate Capstone Course
- ASCI 691C: Graduate Capstone Course
- RSCH 202: Intro to Research Methods