Dr. Gupta is an Assistant Professor and Program Chair of M. S. in Logistics and Supply Chain Management program in the Department of Management Sciences at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide.
His current research interests are in the areas of supply-chain risk management, health-care operations management, reverse logistics, closed-loop supply chains, queuing networks, and service quality in aviation industry. He has received grants/contracts as Principal Investigator for projects related to supply-chain risk management (funded by CAO, ERAU-W) and logistics infrastructure in Louisville, Ky. (funded by Louisville Chamber of Commerce). He has authored or co-authored articles that have appeared in journals, guides, industry reports, and conference proceedings. He has taught several courses in Operations Research, Transportation, Operations Management, Purchasing, Project Management, Probability and Statistics, Discrete Optimization, Logistics Management, and Supply Chain Management.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering, University of Louisville
- M.S. - Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, State University of New York System : Buffalo
- Customer Service in Aviation Industry – An Exploratory Analysis of UAE Airports , Decision Sciences - Worldwide (2013)
- Simulation and Optimization Modeling for Drive-Through Mass Vaccination – A Generalized Approach , Decision Sciences - Worldwide (2013)
- Assessing Customer Service in Airports – Models from the UAE , International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics, and Aerospace (2014)