Associate Professor Physics
Physics and Astronomy Department
Prescott College of Arts & Sciences
Areas of Expertise
- Laser optics and optical coatings
- Methods and tools of long baseline interferometric gravitational wave detection
- Methods and tools of radio interferometry for cosmology
Instrumentation for low noise "table-top" experiments in physics and "backyard" radio astronomy.
Before coming to Embry-Riddle, Andri was a research scientist at Caltech, and worked on commissioning the Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory (LIGO) located in Livingston Louisiana. Since joining ERAU, he built the Optics Teaching Laboratory, he built and operates the Optics Research Laboratory, and with Mr. Ramon Fobes he built and operates the Embry Riddle Radio Observatory. These facilities provide students and faculty the ability to pursue research in the areas of optics and radio astronomy. The Optics Research Laboratory was built with external grants and equipment grants totaling about 1/2 million USD. The Radio Observatory was built by Embry-Riddle and through the generous donations of equipment, time, and money of members of the community, especially Mr. Ramon Fobes.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Physics, Syracuse University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Physics, Syracuse University