Barry J. Bauer
Dr. Bauer has been an aerospace scholar-practitioner for 38 years performing in various roles with the United States Marine Corps, Hughes Aircraft Company, Lockheed Martin, and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Worldwide). Among the more exciting programs he has been involved with as a program manager are: F-16, F-117, F-22, F-35, U-2, SBIRS (Space-Based Infrared Radar System), and ULA (United Launch Alliance). Dr. Bauer currently work at the Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs (Skunk Works) in Palmdale, CA.
Educational Background Includes: BS: University of Wisconsin (Industrial Technology); MS: University of Wisconsin (Safety-Loss Control); MS: University of Southern California (Systems Management); MBA: Kennesaw State University; PhD: Capella University (Organization & Management-Leadership). Dissertation: “A Success Paradigm For Project Managers in the Aerospace Industry”.
Professional Credentials Include: Program Management Qualification Level 3 (Lockheed Martin), Project Management Professional (PMP); PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner), Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Lockheed Martin); Two U.S. Patents pending and one under review.
During time off, he enjoys swimming, biking, and running. His favorite events are: 5K, 10K, Marathon, and Iron Man (training for it now). The most exciting thing he have ever done is land in an F-4J (VMFA 235) on the USS Enterprise at sunset and cat-launch a day later at sunrise.
Call sign is Dr-Bear
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Organization and Mgmt, Capella University
- M.B.A. - Master of Business Administration in Master of Business Admin, Kennesaw State University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Safety, University of Wisconsin System : Stout
- M.S. - Master of Science in Systems Management, University of Southern California
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology, University of Wisconsin System : Stout
- MGMT 672: Plan & Execution of Strategy
- PMGT 501: Fundamentals of Project Mgmt
Memberships and Credentials
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Level 3 Qualified Program Manager (Lockheed Martin)