Areas of Expertise
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Hygiene, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- M.S. - Master of Science in Industrial Hygiene, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Biology, Arizona State University
Ratings and Certificates
- SFTY 530: Safety,Health & Envr, Leg, Lit
- White Paper: Electronic Cigarettes in the Indoor Environment , Publications (2014)
- White Paper on PCBs in the Built Environment , Publications (2013)
- Body of Knowledge: Field Use of Direct-Reading Instruments for Detection of Gases and Vapors , Publications (2015)
- An Analysis of Cabin Ozone Regulations , Publications (2018)
Marcham, C. L. & Springston, J.P. (2017). E-cigarettes: A hazy hazard. Professional Safety 62(6), 46-51
Marcham, C.L., Turnbeaugh, T. & Wright, N. (2017). OSH certifications: Behind the exams. Professional Safety 62(7), 44-48.
Marcham, C. L., Turnbeaugh, T. & Gould, S. (2018). Development of certification exam test questions: It’s more deliberate than you may think. Submitted for publication. Publication date, May 2018.
American Industrial Hygiene Association. (2013). White paper on PCBs in the built environment. Retrieved from https://www.aiha.org/government-affairs/PositionStatements/PCBs%20in%20Construction%20White%20Paper%20FINAL%209-26-13.pdf (Project Team Member)
American Industrial Hygiene Association. (2014). White paper: electronic cigarettes in the indoor environment. Retrieved from https://www.aiha.org/government-affairs/PositionStatements/Electronc%20Cig%20Document_Final.pdf (Project Team Leader)
American Industrial Hygiene Association. (2015). AIHA field use of direct-reading instruments for detection of gases and vapors body of knowledge. Retrieved from https://www.aiha.org/publications-and-resources/BoKs/DRI-Gas/Pages/BoK-DRI-Gas-Monitoring.aspx (Project Team Member)
American Industrial Hygiene Association. (2015). Formaldehyde: Is it a problem in my home? Retrieved from https://www.aiha.org/publications-and-resources/Documents/AIHA_FormaldahydeFactSheet.08.14.15V2.pdf (Project Team Leader)
American Industrial Hygiene Association. (2015). Laminate flooring outgassing: Technical guidance. Retrieved from https://www.aiha.org/publications-and-resources/Pages/AIHA-Formaldehyde-Resource-Center.aspx (Project Team Member)
American Industrial Hygiene Association. (2017). Health and safety issues in natural disasters. Retrieved from https://www.aiha.org/government-affairs/PositionStatements/AIHA_HealthSafetyIssuesNaturalDisaster_Final.pdf (Project Team Leader)
2006 to present, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Assistant Professor (Adjunct), Oklahoma City and World-Wide Online campuses
- Course Developer and Course Monitor for SFTY 321, SFTY 355, SFTY 410, SFTY 470, SFTY 510
- Instructor for multiple courses including in-person, online and blended courses
- Graduate Capstone Project Committee Chair for several students
1989 to present, The University of Oklahoma, University Environmental Health and Safety Officer
- Administrative and supervisory responsibility for the operation of Environmental Health and Safety Offices for all OU campuses, including hiring and evaluation of personnel, budgets, and short and long term planning.
- Perform risk analysis and risk management of compliance issues and concerns to determine and prioritize both short term needs and long term goals
- Development and implementation of University-wide policies, programs, and training curriculum in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes and policies relating to environmental, occupational health and safety, and biological safety compliance, including Hazard Communication, Bloodborne Pathogens, Chemical Hygiene/Laboratory Safety, Indoor Air Quality including Mold, Hazardous/Biomedical Waste, Biological Safety, Wastewater Discharge, Air Quality, Underground Storage Tanks, Asbestos Awareness, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, Ergonomics/Lifting, Emergency Response, Transportation of Hazardous and Infectious Materials, and Tuberculosis/Infectious Diseases.
- Serve as the coordinator of the HSC campus asbestos program, Biological Safety Officer and HSC campus Safety Coordinator.
Memberships and Credentials
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
American Industrial Hygiene Association Henry F. Smyth Jr. Award 2018 Recipient (Presented to the individual who has made substantial, evidence-based solutions and contributions in recognizing the diverse needs of the industrial hygiene profession, thereby making a major impact on, and the improvement of, the public welfare)
American Industrial Hygiene Association Board of Directors, 2010 – 2013
Board of Certified Safety Professionals Board of Directors, 2014 - 2017
American Industrial Hygiene Association Distinguished Fellow, 2012 to present
American Industrial Hygiene Association Distinguished Lecturer, 2017 - present
Served as President (two terms), Director, Secretary-Treasurer, Secretary, Treasurer, and Legislative Liaison of the Oklahoma Section of the American Industrial Hygiene Association