Assistant Professor, College of Business
Department of Business Administration
Worldwide College of Business
Dr. Dixie Button an Assistant Professor with the Embry-Riddle Worldwide College of Business. She resides in Charleston, SC. Dr. Button enjoys traveling and competitive ballroom dancing.
- D.B.A. - Doctor of Business Administration in Business Administration, Argosy University : Sarasota
- M.S. - Master of Science in Business Administration and Management, Boston University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Advertising, University of Florida
Ratings and Certificates
- MBAA 514: Strategic Mrktg Mgmt in Avia
- MBAA 523: Advanced Aviation Economics
- MBAA 632: Global Marketing
In addition to several years as a town administrator, Dr. Button has considerable experience in the banking industry. She has also owned her own business buying and selling privately-held mortgages in the secondary market and has worked in numerous capacities in the marketing field. Early in her career, she worked as a copywriter and in television production. She has spent time as a newspaper reporter for a business journal and, later, she was the advertising and public relations director for a large savings and loan and has held numerous sales positions in various other industries.
Memberships and Credentials
She is a member of the state of South Carolina’s Aerospace Support Chain committee and also served on the SC Commerce Department Aviation Task Force Advisory Board (predecessor to the Aerospace Support Chain committee). She has a private pilot’s license, is a member of the American Marketing Association and a member of the Multinational Finance Society.