Having more than twenty years of experience in industry and consulting, Professor Farahzad Behi currently serves as Associate Chair for the Department of Electrical, Computer, Software, and Systems Engineering. He has a BS in Civil Engineering and an MS in Computer Engineering. His work in the ECSSE department is divided between teaching and administration. Known by students and colleagues alike as someone who solves bureaucratic problems, Professor Behi says, “I enjoy being in the classroom and performing my duties as an administrator.” He teaches introductory programming classes, microprocessor systems, and real-time systems, and his research interests are in engineering education, software processes, and real-time systems.
- M.S. - Master of Science in Computer Engineering, University of Central Florida
- CEEE 397: Coop Ed Elec Eng
- CS 223: Scientific Programming in C
Behi, F., Del Buono, M. (2010), “Vectorizing Compilers and Manual Code Optimization for Application Domains”. Proceedings of WORLDCOMP'10 Foundations of Computer Science, Las Vegas, NV, July 2010.
Behi, F. (2008), “Modeling Real-World in Software: Coping with Coordinate Systems”. Proceedings of WORLDCOMP'08 Computer Graphics & Virtual Reality, Las Vegas, NV, July 2008.
- ERAU; Associate Professor, August 1999-July 2010
- Siemens Telecom Networks; Senior Software Engineer, November 1990 – March 1999
- Continental Testing Laboratories; Test engineer, ATE programming Group Leader, February 1985 – November 1990
Memberships and Credentials
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
- Faculty Appreciation Award, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, College of Engineering, Fall of 2002.