- D.A. - Doctor of Arts in English, Idaho State University
Courses taught previously include World Literature, Post-Colonial Studies, International Studies, Studies in Literature, Studies in Humanities, Technology and Modern Civilization, Modern Literature, American Literature, Themes in the Humanities, Technical Writing, and Composition.
- R.K. Narayan: Straddling Metropole and Malgudi , Publications (2004)
- From Gunboats to Transgenic Seed: The Western Quest for Tools of Enforced Global Dependency , Publications (2003)
- Globalization and the Deepening Indian-U.S. Partnership in an Age of Entrenched Anti-Americanism , Publications (2007)
- Continuing the Gandhi Legacy: An Interview with Arun Gandhi , Publications (2010)
- Review of Neeti Nair's Changing Homelands: Hindu Politics and the Partition of India , Publications (2011)
- Guest Editor's Column , Publications (2015)
- An Interview with Dilip K. Basu , Publications (2015)
- Change and Stasis in Dream of the Red Chamber , Publications (1991)
- Focusing the Village: Satyajit Ray's Pather Panchali and Prafulla Mohanti's My Village, My Life , Publications (2015)
- The Scarlet Letter and the Red Star: Hawthorne's Appeal to China's Students of American Literature , Publications (1990)
- An Interview with Prafulla Mohanti , Publications (1999)
- Tuning In (or Out) the Big Voice of Arundhati Roy Following <i>The God of Small Things</i> , Publications (2005)
- Religion in China , Publications (1989)
- Aurel Stein and the Kiplings: Silk Road Pathways of Converging and Reciprocal Inspiration , Publications (2018)
- Solar-powered Water Purification and Community Development in Haiti's Artibonite Valley , Discovery Day - Daytona Beach (2018)
- Talkative Man: R.K. Narayan's Consummate Performance of Narayan , Publications (2002)
- Gaurav's Troubles , Publications (2007)
- "My Village My Mind": Prafulla Mohanti's Internal Landscape , Publications (2001)
----books, as contributing editor:
Ideas of Home: Literature of Asian Migration. Michigan State University Press,1997.
R.K. Narayan: Contemporary Critical Essays. Michigan State University Press, 1993.
Invited contributing Guest Editor, Humanities special issue, Further Explorations Along the Silk Road 7.68 (2018). MDPI open access journal. http://www.mdpi.com/journal/humanities/special_issues/Silk_Road?view=compact&listby=type
Invited contributing Guest Editor, South Asian Review special topic issue: Satyajit Ray. 36.1 (Spring 2015). 250 pages.
----examples from among 28 academic articles:
"Aurel Stein and the Kiplings: Silk Road Pathways of Converging and Reciprocal Inspiration." Humanities 7.68 (2018): 1-15.
“Off-Grid Solar Powered Water Purification and Community Development in Haiti’s Artibonite Valley, the Heart of Haiti’s Cholera Epidemic.” IEEE Journal. Co-authored with Hunt, Rachel, and Joseph Noto, Jonathan Prine, Calli Brown, and Dr. Marc Compere (corresponding author). Fall 2017.
"Focusing the Village: Satyajit Ray's Pather Panchali and Prafulla Mohanti's My Village, My Life." South Asian Review 36.1 (spring 2015): 177-96.
"An Interview with Dilip Basu." South Asian Review 36.1 (spring 2015): 19-36.
"Globalization and the Deepening India-U.S. Partnership in an Age of Entrenched Anti-Americanism." South Asian Review 28.2 (2007): 121-32.
"Tuning In (or Out) the BIG Voice of Arundhati Roy Following The God of Small Things." Journal of Commonwealth and Postcolonial Studies 12.1 (2005): 86-95.
"From Gunboats to Transgenic Seed: The Western Quest for Tools of Enforced Dependency." South Asian Review, special topic issue "Globalization and Diaspora," 24.1 (2003): 48-62.
"The Vital Role of 'Other' Literatures in American Technological Curricula." Humanities & Technology Review, fall 1998. 40-58.
"Global Village, or Gated Communities? (Hyper)media Mergers and Literary/Cultural Contentions." The Critical Endeavour (Cuttack,India), October 1997. Paper presented at the Indian Association for Commonwealth Language and Literature Studies annual national convention, Hyderabad, India, January 1997. 1-16.
book chapters and introductions:
"R.K.Narayan." 45 page biographical and critical chapter, with separate summaries of the author's 14 novels, and an additional bibliography of primary and secondary material. A Companion to Indian Fiction in English, ed. PierPaolo Pucciocu (Turin University, Italy). New Delhi, India: Atlantic Books, 2003.
"Rupture as Continuity: 'Unsettled Perspective' in Bapsi Sidhwa's An American Brat." Chapter in Asian American Literature in the International Context.
Ed. Samuel Ludwig and Rocio Davis. Literatur Verlag, 2001. 237-47.
"Foreword" to The Indian Novel in English: Its Birth and Development, by Subhendu Kumar Mund (New Delhi: Parachi Prakashan, 1997).
"Prafulla Mohanti" and "Khushwant Singh." Entries in Encyclopedia of Postcolonialism. Ed. John C. Hawley. NY: Greenwood Press, 2001.
"Himani Bannerji." Entry in Asian American Novelists. Ed. Emmanuel Nelson.
New York: Greenwood Press, 2000.
----other publications include reviews, short fiction, travel essay, and poetry.
Idaho State University, 1985-86
Xiamen University, China, 1986-88
University of Wisconsin-Marinette, 1988-89
Embry-Riddle, Daytona Beach 1989-present
Memberships and Credentials
Director of the Honors Program, 2003-present. For information on Honors at ERAU, see https://ernie.erau.edu/Departments/honors-program-daytona/Pages/Default.aspx