Dr. Ken Witcher is the Dean of the College of Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Worldwide. He’s held this position since April 2013, but has been a dedicated Embry-Riddle faculty member since 2004. In this role, Ken leads a team of 700+ active faculty supporting over 14,000 students enrolled in 13 degree programs.
Ken’s aviation experience includes 20 years of service in the United States Air Force. During this time, he served as superintendent of an operational test and evaluation squadron and field training detachment chief for F-15, F-16, F-22, H-60, A-10, MQ-1, and MQ-9 aircraft and supporting systems. He also served as a team member of the United States Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, Thunderbirds. His assignments included Bitburg AB Germany, Luke AFB Arizona, and Nellis AFB Nevada.
Ken was an appointed member of the Nevada UAS test site selection panel and previously served as Chair of the Nevada Aerospace and Defense Sector Council reporting directly to the Governor’s Workforce Investment Board.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration: Aviation Science/Public Administration, Northcentral University
- M.A.S. - Master of Aeronautical Science in Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Ratings and Certificates
- ASCI 691: Graduate Capstone Course
- Influencing Factors for Use of Unmanned Aerial Systems in Support of Aviation Accident and Emergency Response , Aeronautics, Graduate Studies - Worldwide (2015)
- Unmanned Aerial Systems and Airport Master Plans , Aviation / Aeronautics / Aerospace International Research Conference (2015)
- Tier I Session 2: What's Your Kryptonite? , Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University LEAD-ER Program (2016)
- Design Considerations and Requirements for In-Flight Refueling of Unmanned Vehicles , Publications (2013)
- Quality Function Deployment and Proactive Quality Techniques Applied to University Lectures to Improve Student Feedback , Publications (2017)
- Propeller Design Requirements for Quadcopters Utilizing Variable Pitch Propellers , Publications (2018)
- Glide Effects on Low Speed Unmanned Aerial Vehicles with Ice Formation , Publications (2016)
- Multi-Choice Questions and Their Problems When Used for Assessment of Aircraft Engineers Education , Publications (2017)
- Aerodynamic Analysis of Low Speed Wing Design Using Taguchi L9 Orthogonal Array , Publications (2017)
- Exploring Current and Projected Skills and Knowledge Areas to Meet U.S. Commercial Space Industry Needs , Publications (2013)