Areas of Expertise
Dr. Rajee Olaganathan is an Aeronautical Scientist and Environmental Biotechnologist with more than fifteen years combined research and teaching experience in higher education. She has been with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide Campus since 2014, and is an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the College of Aeronautics. Prior to joining ERAU - WW, she had worked at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, James Cook University, and National University of Singapore.
Rajee’s aviation experience includes five years of service at LRM Engineering Pte. Ltd., a company based in Singapore and India, which deals with avionics sales and services. At LRM Engineering, she was involved in the formulation of the Singapore operations since its inception. In the position of the Country Director for Singapore, she oversees the successful operations covering the entire Asia Pacific territory for aerospace services, and represents the corporate entity in all local social activities.
She leads the quality team that is responsible for ISO 9K: 2K as well as ISO 17025 accreditation, while overseeing the special processes for Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Commerce Control List (CCL). Responsible for account management and customer satisfaction in key accounts like Singapore Airlines, Bell Helicopter Asia, Fokker Services Asia, Thales Solutions Asia, and SAFRAN, Rajee also oversees Workplace Safety and Health hazards, conducts regular risk assessments, auditing, and training for LRM and their other clients (L3M Technologies, and MR Project in Singapore, and RF Technologies in India).
As Director of LRM India, she oversees its operations, which supports the electronic manufacturing operations for major cellular contract companies. This involves working with Research and Development on National Provider Identification requirements, with manufacturing project teams in identifying sources, and enabling successful product launches while meeting deadlines.
Rajee serves as an aviation consultant for Klamara LLC. (U.S.) which is a new start up. At Klamara, she is involved in creating organizational infrastructure, and spearheading partnership with test equipment industrial suppliers.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Biotechnology (Microbiology - Interdisciplinary), Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Aeronautics (Dual Specialization: Safety Systems and Management), Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in Coastal Aquaculture, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Environmental Biotechnology, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Zoology, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
RSCH 202 Research Methods
Phys 142 Introduction to Environmental Sciences
Phys 102 Explorations in Physics
SAW 1000 Airport Wildlife Management
SAW 1001 Airport Wildlife Operations
Editor-in- Chief for the International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research.
She serves as an editorial board member for four other international peer-reviewed research journals.
She serves as peer review panel member for four international research journals.
She has also developed professional educational courses for ERAU (SAW 1000 – Airport Wildlife Management, and SAW 1001 Airport Wildlife Operations).
Panel Reviewer for the research papers submitted to the 4th IWA-ASPIRE Conference & Exhibition, Tokyo, Japan "Toward Sustainable Water Supply and Recycling Systems". Conference was Conducted by the International Water Association 2011.
Memberships and Credentials
Women in Aviation International
Flight Safety Foundation
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
- Distinction Award - M.S.A (Dual Specialization – Safety and Management) 2019.
- "Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges Award – 2017”.
- “Best Lecturer of the Year 2015” Award from James Cook University, Singapore.
- Received "Young Scientist Award" in 2003 at National level in India
- National level Gold Medalist in 2003.
- University Gold Medalist, M. Phil, 1997 (First Rank in University).
- M. Phil, 1997, Distinction (GPA: 4.0 on US scale).
- M. Sc., 1996, Distinction (GPA: 4.0 on US scale).
- B.Sc., 1994, Distinction (GPA: 3.77 on US scale).
- B.Sc., College topper and Fifth Rank in the University.