A resident of Oklahoma, Dr. Austin is an assistant professor in the Department of Social Sciences and Economics. She has been with Embry-Riddle Worldwide since 2004 and worked more than six years as the director of academics at McConnell AFB.
Before working at Worldwide, Dr. Austin was a subject matter expert in psychology and a textbook editor for McGraw-Hill Higher Education. She also worked as an instructional technology designer for East Central University in Ada, Okla., and education coordinator for Mercy Health Center in Oklahoma City. \
Dr. Austin’s research interests include online learning, differences in student outcomes based on learning mode and gender differences in the classroom.
- Ed.D. - Doctor of Education in Higher Education, Oklahoma State University : Oklahoma City (2-year campus)
- M.S. - Master of Science in Biological Psychology, University of Oklahoma
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Central Oklahoma
- SOCI 300: Marriage & Family
- SOCI 310: Personality Development
- RSCH 202: Intro to Research Methods