Seyed Mehdi Zahraei
Dr Zahraei is currently a visiting assistant professor in the Department of Decision Sciences at the Worldwide College of Business at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.
Dr Zahraei’s main teaching interests are in supply chain management, quantitative modelling, operations management, and transportation planning. His research interests include supply chain management, freight management, sustainability in logistics and transportation systems, and urban logistics.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Nanyang Technological University
- MGMT 420 – Management of Production and Operations
- MGMT 411 – Logistics Management for Aviation/Aerospace
- MBAA 651 – Production and Procurement in Aviation
- BSAB 410 – Management of Air Cargo
- MGMT 524 – Management Science
- LGMT 683 – Supply Chain Management
- Zahraei, S.M., & Teo, C. C. (2017). Optimizing a Supply Network with Production Smoothing, Freight Expediting and Safety Stocks: An Analysis of Tactical Trade-Offs. European Journal of Operational Research, 262(1) 75–88.
- Zahraei, S.M., & Teo, C. C. (2018). Value of Production Smoothing in Recover-And-Assemble Remanufacturing Systems. International Journal of Production Economics, 197C 330–341.
- Wei Yim Yap, Seyed Mehdi Zahraei, (2018) "Liner shipping alliances and their impact on shipping connectivity in Southeast Asia", Maritime Business Review, Vol. 3 Issue: 3, pp.243-255
Dr Zahraei has worked as a lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor) in the Logistics and Supply Chain Management Programme at the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Business School. Prior to joining SUSS, he worked as an assistant professor at the Worldwide College of Business of the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Singapore Campus (ERAU Asia). Before joining the ERAU Asia, he was a logistics and transportation systems postdoctoral research fellow in the Singapore University of Technology and Design and supply chain management research fellow at Nanyang technological University (NTU) and also worked as a part-time lecturer at Curtin University in Singapore. Before starting his PhD studies at NTU, he also worked as a transportation engineer for three years.
Memberships and Credentials
- Member, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences.
- Member, Production and Operations Management Society.
- Member, European Operations Management Association.
- Member, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, Singapore.