Associate Professor Global Security and Intelligence
Intelligence Studies and Global Affairs Department
Prescott College of Security & Intelligence
Areas of Expertise
International Relations, Unconventional Warfare, Strategy, Foreign Policy, Civ-Mil Relations
Tyrone Groh specializes in strategy and unconventional warfare. He received a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering from the U.S. Air Force Academy, a master’s degree in security studies from the Naval Postgraduate School, a master’s degree in strategy from the U.S. Air Force School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, and a doctoral degree in government from Georgetown University. His book, Proxy War: The Least Bad Option (Stanford University Press) is available in March, 2019.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Government with concentration in International Relations, Georgetown University
- SIS 535: Research Approaches in SIS
- SIS 406: American Ntl Scty Policy
- SIS 698: Grad Reading and Review
- SIS 693: Applied Research in SIS
- CI 510: Adv Ana & Research Method
- Thinking Rather than Panicking about the Current Drone Threat , Aviation / Aeronautics / Aerospace International Research Conference (2015)
- Putting Students in the Front and Center: Exploring and Refining Student Centered Learning Techniques , Publications (2018)
Retired US Air Force Officer.