- Instructor of Global Security and Intelligence
- Alan.Saquella@erau.edu Email
- Global Security and Intelligence Studies Depart
- College of Business, Security & Intel
Areas of ExpertiseDetection of Deception, Verbal & Non-Verbal Behavior Assessment, Corporate Investigations, Security Operations
Alan Saquella is a Certified Protection Professional and Certified Polygraph Examiner. He is an enthusiastic influential security and investigations leader with more than 25 years of security and investigations experience in corporate and public organizations. Alan took early retirement after many years as the Security Operations and Investigations Director at Cox Communications Inc.
Now a member of faculty team at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University- College of Business, Security and Intelligence, Alan gives back to the next generation of security, intelligence, and fraud examiners. Alan enjoys teaching and mentoring the bright minds who attend Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He has written numerous papers and articles on business security, employee safety, and internal fraud prevention and has been interviewed by several media entities on the same and related topics. Alan provides advisement on subjects of security and safety training and fraud prevention services to multiple organizations and entities outside of his teaching responsibilities at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Alan is a board membership on the ID Theft Advisory Board with focus to support community outreach in the form of prevention and best practices related to Small Business ID Theft & Fraud and Child ID Theft and Internet Safety and Security.
Alan holds his Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Law Enforcement and Administration from Northern Arizona University and is a member of American Society for Industrial Security, American Polygraph Association, and Infra-Gard.
- M.S. - Master of Science in Law Enforcement, Northern Arizona University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Police Science and Administration, Northern Arizona University
Ratings and Certificates
- SIS 395I: Business Continuity
- SIS 595F: Business Continuity Plan Prep
- SIS 595E: Corp. Sec Investigations & Law
- SIS 342: Interview Techniques & Tactics
- SIS 340: Scrty Investigations Interview
- SIS 352: White Collar Crime