Charles is a consultant specializing in human resources, specifically employee selection, strategic planning, financial management, personality assessment and academic and career advising. He has over 30 years in many interesting leadership positions. He is a career educator teaching at all levels of education since 1989, at University level instruction since 1995. As Director of the Hawaii Technology Institute, he revolutionized the curriculum by developing a state of the art, technology based, Career Development Program which provided students with the skills to obtain careers after graduation at a 95% employment outcome. The Career Development Program was widely recognized and praised by the Accrediting Commission resulting in an astounding initial five-year accreditation appointment. He is the Director of Alice’s Home, an residential training facility which provides education, training, counseling and appropriate support systems to assist single parents with their transition to gainful employment which uses personality as the foundation for their career choice. He uses his innovative FAMILY initiative, a proven strategy which focuses on the important values, morals and beliefs that the FAMILY is the key ingredient to success.
In 2003, he launched Release Your Potential Inc, a Career Development and Personal Motivation Company, and I have worked with over 1,000 clients, including University of Southern California Marshall School of Business students. He facilitated the achievement of their full potential through an effective program which includes personality and aptitude investigation, resume, cover letter and a comprehensive career plans aimed at successfully directing students to their fields of choice. He has an impressive placement rate of 95% and documented accolades for my innovative and caring style of coaching, mentoring and developing clients.
He has been told many times he is a dynamic and engaged educator.
He holds an Master of Science in Human Resource Management with a concentration in employee selection, an MBA with a concentration in Human Development, a Masters of Public Administration with a concentration in Non Profit Management, a Graduate Certificate in Project Management, and a MS with a concentration in Computer Center Systems Management and is currently enrolled in a Ph.D program in Psychology with a concentration in Organizational Systems with an emphasis on family businesses. He belongs to several industry and trade organizations and I have been widely recognized for my contributions to the development of personality and career strategies for youth and young adults throughout Southern California.
Working with youth at all levels has been his. He is a certified Myers Briggs Personality Administrator and have provided mentorships for several hundred youth, young adults and adults since 1989.
- M.P.A. - Master of Public Administration in Public Administration (Nonprofit Management), DeVry University
- M.H.R. - Master in Human Resources in Human Resources Management (Project Management), DeVry University
- M.B.A. - Master of Business Administration in Business Administration, Hawaii Pacific University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Info Systems, Hawaii Pacific University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Syst, Chapman University
- CSCI 109: Intro Computers & Applications
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Top-performing Consultant with 20+ years of diverse Elementary and Post-Secondary Education positions, Non Profit Management, Instruction, Human Resources expertise encompassing U.S. Military Service, executive leadership of the Hawaii Technology Institute, and the launch of a Career Development/ Personal Motivation company. Specialties: Education, Telecommunications, Computer Information Systems.
- 19 years of experience assessing performance evaluations the assessment of senior projects. I have a Graduate Certificate in Project Management.
- Engineered the deployment of and operations for 240K+ U.S. Military service people and 6K aircrafts and ships during service in the Pacific and East Africa.
- Overhauled the curriculum by producing a cutting-edge, technology-driven Career Development initiative equipping students to secure viable careers after graduation. Success rate: 95% student hire rate. Program lauded by Accrediting officials and resulted in a 5-year accreditation approval.
- Propelled the careers of 1K+ clients, including USC business students, using a personally created program to help students identify applicable paths. Placement rate: 100%.
- Hands-on University-level instruction through classroom, online, directed study, and blended modalities.
- Well-respected industry-wide for extensive work in devising personality and career strategies for young people and adults throughout Southern California.
Director 2013 – Present
Alice’s Home Ontario, CA
President 2009 - Present
THE CAREER LAUNCHING PAD Riverside, CA
Adj. Instructor, Human Resources, Business Adm. /It/general Studies 2001-Present
univ. of phoenix Online/Classroom/Directed Study Phoenix, AZ
Release Your Potential Inc. Riverside, CA
Adj. Instructor, Computer Science 2013 - Present
EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL uNIVERSITY Online, Blended, Eaglevision Daytona Beach, CA
Instructor, computer science 2003-Present
devry university Online/Classroom/Directed Study Chicago, IL
Assoc. Prof., Business Administration & Computer Science 1996 – 2004
Chaminade University Honolulu, HI
ADJ. PROFESSOR, Business adm/computer science 1995-2004
hawaii pacific university Honolulu, HI
director/dean of academic affairs 1994-2003
hawaii technology institute Honolulu, HI
Department of Education, District of Oahu(K-12) Honolulu, Hawaii
TEAM LEADER, ACCREDITING COMMISSION (ACCSC) 2001-Present
Career Schools & Colleges of Technology Honolulu, HI
Operations Supervisor, Training and Personnel Development 1972-1994
United States Air Force Honolulu, HI
Memberships and Credentials
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
Faculty of the Year - 2004 University of Phoenix
Alumni of the Year 2013 Keller Graduate School of Management