- Assistant Professor of the Practice, College of Aeronautics; Program Coordinator, BS in Unmanned Systems Applications
- Christian.Janke@erau.edu Email
- Department of Undergraduate Studies
- College of Aeronautics
Areas of Expertise
Technical Due Diligence for IoT, Machine Learning, Blockchain, aviation, electromobility and security technology.
Christian Janke is an instructor with Embry-Riddle's Worldwide Campus and an Assistant Professor in the College of Aeronautics. Christian instructs at courses about Unmanned Systems in multi-domain-environments and their applications.
Christian has been in military service for 14 years as air operations officer and helicopter pilot. He served in several multinational staff deployments, responsible for Public Affairs and Strategic Communication. He is an auditor for quality management, also a trainer for Human Factors & Crew Resource Management and an instructor for Safety Management and Risk Assessment.
Christian's research focus is on Unmanned Systems, robotics and autonomy. Especially in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) he focuses on their capabilities, protection against misuse, business models, and regulatory environment. In this function he is a Research Fellow at the European Aviation Security Center.
- M.S. - Master of Science in Aeronautics: Aviation Aerospace Management and Unmanned Aerospace Systems, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Evaluation of sUAS Education and Training Tools Publications (1)
- Standardization Roadmap for Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Version 1.0 Publications (1)
Trainer for Human Factors & Crew Resource Management, Instructor for Safety Management and Risk Assessment in Aviation and Auditor for Quality Management
Memberships and Credentials
He is an active member of numerous industry associations (including UAV DACH, BDLI) and works on standardization topics at DIN and EUROCAE. Furthermore, he advises the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) as a subject matter expert, as well as the German Federal Government in the National Advisory Council on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.