- Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Cristina.Cottom@erau.edu Email
- Department of Humanities & Communication
- Worldwide College of Arts & Sciences
I have diverse experience as an educator, advisor, and college instructor. My strengths include teacher education, online course development, integration of research-based teaching and learning, active learning strategies, and collaborative learning environments. As a teacher, I have integrated research-based teaching and learning into several courses. I have also taught a variety of ESL, English, and Education courses.
- Ed.D. - Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Liberty University
- E.D.S. - Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction, Liberty University
- M.A. - Master of Arts in Teaching: English Language Learners, Lipscomb University
- Supporting English Learners in Your Online Courses Publications (2017)
- New Adjunct Faculty Outreach Publications (2017)
- Creating a Virtual Community of Practice for Online Adjunct Faculty Publications (2017)
- Virtual Faculty Learning Communities: Making an Impact from a Distance Publications (2017)
- New Adjunct Faculty Outreach: Making a Connection Publications (2018)
- Who am I? The Identity Crisis of a Researching Academic Developer Publications (2018)
- Virtual Community of Practice: Connecting Online Adjunct Faculty Publications (2018)
- Virtual Faculty Learning Community Implementation Framework Publications (1)
Atwell, A., & Cottom, C. (2018, June). Who am I? The identity crisis of a researching academic developer. Poster session presented at The International Consortium for Educational Developers Conference, Atlanta, GA.
Cottom, C., Atwell, A., Martino, L., & Ombres, S. (2017). Virtual community of practice: Connecting online adjunct faculty. In press.
Cottom, C., Atwell, A., & Ombres, S. (2017). New adjunct faculty outreach: Making a connection. Journal for Centers for Teaching and Learning, 9, 34-46.
Atwell, A., Cottom, C., & Ombres, S. (2017, October). Virtual Faculty Learning Communities: Making an impact from a distance. 75-minute presentation at the 42nd Professional and Organizational Development Network Conference, Montreal, Quebec.
Cottom, C. (2017, March) New Adjunct Faculty Outreach. Poster session presented at the annual Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Commons Conference, Savannah, GA.
Cottom, C. (2017, February). Supporting English Learners in Your Online Courses. 50-minute presentation presented at Pennsylvania State University System of Higher Education Virtual Conference on Transforming the Teaching & Learning Environment.
Professional Organizational Development Network (POD) Diversity Committee- Grants Coordinator
Conference Peer Reviewer- Professional Organizational Development Network (POD)
Conference Peer Reviewer- International Consortium Educational Development (ICED)
Conference Peer Reviewer- American Education Research Association
Conference Peer Reviewer- International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Journal Peer Reviewer- To Improve the Academy
Journal Peer Reviewer- International Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Memberships and Credentials
Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network
Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
American Education Research Association
Fort Hays State University-Grant Proposal Writing Certification
Association of Talent Development- Evaluating Learning Impact Certificate
Quality Matters- Rubric and Peer Review Certificate
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
Professional and Organizational Development Network Grant
Cottom, Cristina, P.I.; Atwell, Angela, C.I.; Martino, Lisa, C.I.; & Ombres, Sara, C.I. “Virtual Communities of Practice: Scaling, Belonging, and Effective Feedback,” POD Network Grant, 2017-2018, $3,700.00
Online Learning Consortium
Ombres, Sara, P.I.; Cottom, Cristina, C.I; Martino, Lisa, C.I.; Atwell, Angela, C.I. “Virtual Community of Practice for Globally Dispersed Online Adjunct Faculty,” Effective Practice Award, 2017.
Professional and Organizational Development Network Early Researcher Grant
Ombres, Sara, P.I.; Cottom, Cristina, C.I; Martino, Lisa, C.I.; Atwell, Angela, C.I. “Virtual Community of Practice for Globally Dispersed Online Adjunct Faculty,” POD Network Early Researcher Grant, 2016-2017, $1,000.00.