- Associate Professor of Social Sciences and Program Coordinator for the B.S. in Global Conflict Studies
- Daniel.Stotland@erau.edu Email
- Security Studies and International Affairs Dept
- Daytona College of Arts & Sciences
Areas of Expertise
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in History, University of Maryland - University College
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in History, University of Maryland - University College
- CEGCS 397: Coop Ed Global Conflict Studie
- CEGCS 396: Coop Ed Global Conflict Studie
- SS 325: International Studies
- SS 322: Modern Russian History
- SS 110: World History
SS 110: World History
SS 325: Modern Russian History: Peter to Stalin
SS 325: History of the Cold War
SS 325: History of Totalitarianism
SS 337: Globalization and World Politics
SS 325: Military History: Sparta to Stalingrad
SS 336: Modern Middle East in World Affairs
Review of M. M. Narinskii and S. Dembskii, eds., Mezhdunarodnyi krizis 1939 goda v traktovkakh rossiiskikh i pol’skikh istorikov (Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2009) in Kritka: Explorations in Russian and Eurasian History 13, no 3, (Summer 2012): 745-751.
“Pragmatists and Believers: Dynamics of Ideology and Compromise within the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, 1941-1942,” The Soviet and the Post-Soviet Review, Volume 40, Number 1 (April 2013): 38-63.
“Cadres Decide Everything: The Enduring Dilemmas of the Party-State and the Soviet Service Class,” International Journal of Russian Studies, Volume 3, Number 1 (January 2014):1-19.
"A More Perfect Union: The Construction of the Post-War Consensus of the Soviet Governing Elite," The Soviet and the Post-Soviet Review, Volume 41, Number 2 (July 2014): 121–145.
"The War Within: Factional Strife and Politics of Control in the Soviet Party State (1944-1948)” Russian History, Volume 42, Number 3 (October 2015): 343-369.
The Struggle for the Soul of the Soviet Party-State, 1941-1952. (Latham: Lexington Books, 2017)
Memberships and Credentials
American Historical Association
Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies