- Assistant Professor of the Practice, College of Aeronautics; Chair, Department of Flight
- David.Thirtyacre@erau.edu Email
- Department of Flight
- Worldwide College of Aeronautics
- M.A.S. - Master of Aeronautical Science in Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University at Pullman
Ratings and Certificates
David recently retired from the USAF with 27 years of duty in the fighter community with over 3500 hours in fighter aircraft, and was a pioneer in the use of unmanned systems. The last 17 years of his career were spent at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada where he specialized as a pilot in operational test and the headquarters, USAF Warfare Center’s, director of advanced programs.
He was the focal point for advanced program operational planning; combining the air, space and cyberspace domains with 5th generation aircraft, unmanned systems, national capabilities and other DoD assets.
David is a current multi-engine commercial pilot, certified flight instructor-instrument, and remote pilot.