- Associate Professor, College of Arts and Sciences; Department Chair, Humanities & Communication; Program Chair, B.S. in Communication
- Debra.Taylor@erau.edu Email
- Department of Humanities & Communication
- Worldwide College of Arts & Sciences
A resident of Georgia, Dr. Bourdeau is the Chair of the Department of Humanities and Communication and an Associate Professor in the College of Arts and Sciences. She previously served as the Director of Academics for Worldwide’s Atlanta Campus. She has been with Embry-Riddle since 2000.
Dr. Bourdeau’s areas of research specialization include 17th, 18th, 19th-century British literature and culture. She also has a strong interest in humanities computing. Dr. Bourdeau focuses on the intersection of visual art and written text as seen in artists/writers such as William Blake and William Hogarth. Additionally, she has an interest in managerial communication.
Dr. Bourdeau enjoys reading, traveling, attending the opera and theater and taking in the outdoors. She and her family are Georgia Bulldogs and Shakespeare enthusiasts.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in English, University of Georgia
- M.S. - Master of Science in Management: General Management, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in English, Kennesaw State University