Don T Toups Jr.
- Associate Professor of the Practice, College of Aviation; Department Chair, Aviation English
- DonaldT.Toups@erau.edu Email
- Department of Aviation English
- College of Aviation
Don worked at Embry-Riddle Daytona Beach previously for two years, as one of the first instructors in the Embry-Riddle Language Institute. Subsequently he co-founded Aviation English Services, a joint venture focused on developing and offering Aviation English training courses to pilots and air traffic controllers worldwide, serving as Manager of Training Development and a board director. Don also worked at Jeppesen, in Denver, Colorado, developing training for Jeppesen's aviation data analysts.
Don's experience also includes four years abroad, in Central America and the Middle East, teaching English and developing language learning curriculum; and 9 years at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, in Golden, Colorado, managing the lab's internal training initiatives and administering its Learning Management System.
Don was brought back into the Embry-Riddle fold in May 2021 to lead Worldwide's Aviation English team. As Chair of the Aviation English Department within the Worldwide College of Aeronautics, Don oversees AE course development and delivery, liaises with other ERAU departments on initiatives related to Aviation English, and collaborates with Worldwide business development staff to pursue AE opportunities.
- M.A. - Master of Arts in English, Louisiana State University
- Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Systems, University of Denver
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in Journalism: Advertising, Louisiana State University