- Assistant Professor, College of Aviation; Program Coordinator, AS in Engineering Fundamentals
- Ghazal.Barari@erau.edu Email
- Department of Engineering and Technology
- College of Aviation
Areas of Expertise
Alternative Energy, Biofuel Analysis, Biofuels Combustion Modeling, Internal Combustion Engine, Thermal Science, Kinetic Reaction Mechanism, HCCI Engines Modeling
Dr. Ghazal Barari received her PhD in mechanical engineering from University of Central Florida. Her research was focused on combustion modeling of promising biofuels in order to find a suitable substitute for fossil fuels. She started her career as a tenure track assistant professor in the College of Engineering at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University at Prescott, Arizona where she was teaching mechanical and aerospace engineering Fluid mechanics and Thermodynamics courses. She joined ERAU-Worldwide College of Aeronautics as an assistant professor in 2018.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, University of Central Florida
- ESCI 206: Fluid Mechanics
- ENGR 101: Introduction to Engineering
- ESCI 305: Thermodynamics
- ETEC 410: Thermodynamics for Engr Techgy
ESCI 305 – Thermodynamics
ESCI 206 – Fluid Mechanics
ETEC 410 – Thermodynamics for Engineering Technology
ENGR 101 – Introduction to Engineering
Principal Publications during the Last Five Years:
- Ghazal Barari, Owen Pryor, Batikan Koroglu, S. Mani Sarathy, Artëm E. Masunov, Subith S. Vasu, High temperature shock tube experiments and kinetic modeling study of diisopropyl ketone ignition and pyrolysis, Combustion and Flame, Volume 177, 2017, Pages 207-218, ISSN 0010-2180, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2016.12.003.
- Ghazal Barari, Denisia Popolan-Vaida, and Subith Vasu. Pyrolysis of RP-2 and Surrogate Fuels in a Jet Stirred Reactor Coupled with Synchrotron Photo Ionization Mass Spectrometry, 55th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, p. 0612. 2017.
- Owen Pryor, Ghazal Barari, Batikan Koroglu, Joseph Lopez, Leigh Nash, and Subith Vasu. "Shock Tube Ignition Studies of Advanced Biofuels", 52nd AIAA/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference, Propulsion and Energy Forum, (AIAA 2016-4691) http://dx.doi.org/10.2514/6.2016-4691
- Ghazal Barari, Batikan Koroglu, Artem Masunov and Subith Vasu; Products and pathways of aldehydes oxidation in the negative temperature coefficient region, Journal of Energy Resources Technology, doi:10.1115/1.4033589, 2016
- Ghazal Barari, Batikan Koroglu, Artem Masunov and Subith Vasu, Combustion of aldehydes in the negative temperature coefficient region: Products and pathways, GT2016-58025, ASME Turbine, Technical Conference and Exposition, Seoul, South Korea, 2016, doi:10.1115/GT2016-58025
- Ghazal Barari, Mani Sarathy and Subith Vasu, Improved combustion kinetic model and HCCI engine simulations of diisopropyl ketone ignition, Fuel, Volume 164, 15 January 2016, Pages 141-150, ISSN 0016-2361, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2015.09.063.
Associate Editor – International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics, and Aerospace (2018 – present)
Reviewer – ASME Journal of Energy Resource and Technology (2016-present)
Reviewer – International Information and Engineering Technology Association (2016-present)
Memberships and Credentials
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
ERAU Recognizing Scholarly Publication honor (2016)
UCF presentation fellowship (2013, 2014)