- Associate Professor of the Practice, College of Aeronautics
- Gloria.A.Wilson@erau.edu Email
- Department of Flight
- College of Aeronautics
Areas of Expertise
Gloria’s career spans over time as a pilot and certified flight instructor, gaining close to 4,000 flight hours in aircraft ranging from single engine Cessna’s to a Boeing 737. Her time as an operator led her to work as a corporate and commercial pilot – both domestic and international, as well as air ambulance and charter. She also earned her Remote Pilot Certificate and is currently in the Department of Flight with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide College of Aeronautics. She has been employed by the University since 2007 as an Adjunct Instructor and went on to be the Director of Academics for the Sheppard campus, and a Program Chair of the Master of Entrepreneurship in Technology in Graduate Studies.
Gloria specializes in teaching all aspects of aviation; safety, human factors, and entrepreneurship. She worked with the Wichita Falls Independent School District to bring a Pilot Certification program to a local High School. This successful program laid the ground work for many students – those who have gone on to pursue careers in aviation. She has served ERAU by participating in programs like the WAI – Worldwide Outreach Program, Faculty Senate, and the COA Faculty Council. She was honored with awards such as Instructor of the Year and the COA Making a Difference while continually supporting community service.
- M.A.S. - Master of Aeronautical Science in Aviation Aerospace Operations, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management: General Business, University of Central Texas
- A.A.S. - Associate of Applied Science in Career Pilot, Central Texas College
Ratings and Certificates
- SFTY 345: Avia Safety Program Mgmt
- SFTY 409: Aviation Safety
- SFTY 320: Human Factors in Avia Safety
- UNSY 316: Opt'l & Busn Aspects of UAS