- Professor and Program Coordinator for M.S. and B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Jeff.Brown1@erau.edu Email
- Civil Engineering Department
- College of Engineering
Areas of Expertise
Jeff Brown received his bachelor's and master's degree in civil engineering from the University of Central Florida in Orlando. In 2005, he received his Ph.D. from the University of Florida with a research emphasis on the rehabilitation of existing civil infrastructure with composite materials. Other research interests include nondestructive evaluation using infrared thermography and the durability of composites.
Between 2005 and 2013, Dr. Brown served as an assistant and then associate professor of engineering at Hope College in Holland, Michigan. In addition to working on a variety of civil engineering related research projects with undergraduates, he also served as the faculty advisor for the Hope College student chapter of Engineers Without Borders USA.
Dr. Brown's current research activities at ERAU involve the performance and structural health monitoring of composites used to strengthen existing reinforced concrete structures. He is also interested in the scholarship of teaching and learning within the context of undergraduate civil engineering education and service learning.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering, University of Florida
- CIV 490: Civil Engineer Profession
- HON 350: Honors Seminar III
- CIV 481: Senior Design Final Design
- CIV 471: Senior Design Prelim Design
- CIV 470: Sr Proj Preliminary Design
- CIV 304: Structural Analysis
- CIV 700: Thesis
- CIV 502: Wind Engineering