John C. Griffith
Areas of Expertise
Dr. John Griffith currently resides in Port Orange, FL. John has been a part of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University since 2001. He has served as an adjunct instructor, Sheppard AFB campus Director of Academics, Western Region Associate Dean of Academics, and BS in Interdisciplinary Studies Program Chair prior to his current role as Department Chair. John has been married to his wonderful wife Sonja since 1986. They have two adult children: Tina and J.R. The Griffith family have all served in the US Air Force.
Dr. Griffith's research focus areas are Emergency Services Management and Distance Learning.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Appl Tech Training & Dev, University of North Texas
- M.S. - Master of Science in Administration - General Administration, Central Michigan University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management, Southern Illinois University System : Carbondale
Ratings and Certificates
- BSIS 473: Senior Thesis
- Perceptions of Instructors and Students with Respect to Synchronous Video Learning
- A Tale of Two Airlines: A Comparative Case Study of High-Road versus Low-Road Strategies in Customer Service and Reputation Management
- Comparison of Grades Based on Learning Mode: How Learning Environment Impacts Grades
- A Comparison of Online and Traditional Undergraduate Introductory Physics
- A Comparison of Online and Traditional Chemistry Lecture and Lab
- Undergraduate students’ perceived barriers to research in online education
- If at first you do not succeed: the student benefits of multiple trials on summative assessments.
- A Meta-Analysis of Crew Resource Management/Incident Command Systems Implementation Studies in the Fire and Emergency Services , Aviation / Aeronautics / Aerospace International Research Conference (2015)
- Unmanned Aerial Systems in the Fire Service: Concepts and Issues , Aviation / Aeronautics / Aerospace International Research Conference (2015)
- Late Afternoon Concurrent Sessions: GSIS Symposium: UAS Collaboration & Research Opportunities: Presentation: Adaptation of Forward Military Airspace Management Systems for Civilian UAS Emergency Services Operations , Aviation / Aeronautics / Aerospace International Research Conference (2016)
- Bullying at the Fire Station? Perceptions Based on Gender, Race and Sexual Orientation , Publications (2016)
- Faculty and Student Issues with Group Work: What is Problematic with College Group Assignments and Why? , Publications (2016)
- An Investigation of the Relationship Between Grades and Learning Mode in an English Composition Course , Publications (2018)
- An Effective Investment: Teaching Study Skills to USAF Allied Health Professionals Prior to Extended Training , Publications (1998)
- Adjunct Faculty Training, Mentoring and Evaluation at the Department Level , Publications (2018)
- If At First You Do Not Succeed: The Student Benefits of Multiple Trials on Summative Assessments , Publications (2018)
- A Tale of Two Airlines: A Comparative Case Study of High-Road Versus Low-Road Strategies in Customer Service and Reputation Management , Publications (2018)
- A Comparison of Online and Traditional Chemistry Lecture and Lab , Publications (2018)
A Comparison of Online and Traditional Chemistry Lecture and Lab. (Faulconer, Emily K., Griffith, John C., Wood, Beverly L., Acharyya, Soumyadip, and Roberts, Donna L.), Journal of Chemistry Education Research and Practice. DOI: 10.1039/C7RP00173H (2017).
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
2018 Runner up for ERAU WW Outstanding Accomplishments in Research
2016 ERAU-WW College of Arts and Sciences 10 Month Faculty of the Year
2016 Runner up for ERAU WW 10 Month Faculty Latitude Award
2014 Vance Mitchell Award for outstanding presentation, Bollinger-Rosado Symposium
2014 Best Presenter, Finance, Economics, MIS and Global Business Research Conference
2001-2002 Outstanding Graduate Instructor, Hurlburt AFB ERAU Florida Campus.
1999 Outstanding Research Project Award, National Association for Developmental Education.