- Adjunct Instructor
- John.Hawes@erau.edu Email
- Department of Business Administration
- Worldwide College of Business
Monday and Friday: 2:30 - 4:30 (PST)
- M. - Master in International Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Russian Area Studies, University of California - Santa Barbara
- MGMT 311: Marketing
- MGMT 331: Transportation Principles
- Unique set of lectures titled 'Gigatrends in Global Trade.'
PAPERS & OTHER PUBLICATIONS:
Published a book, 'Paintings on the Wall,' in 1996 (self-published).
Introduction to Exporting (cyber course), 1999 (under contract with the Center for International Trade Development).
International Market Planning (cyber course), 1999 (under contract with the Center for International Trade Development).
Cross-Cultural Training for Global Business Success (cyber course), 1999 (under contract with the Center for International Trade Development).
John E. Hawes (MIM), an international trade & logistics manager for thirteen years and a consultant and lecturer is engaged in consulting opportunities dealing with global trade, logistics and export strategy issues, especially in high technology settings.
John has spent over nineteen years involved in numerous aspects of the high-tech industry including export licensing, logistics management, government compliance programs, market research, international operations, software development issues, hardware and inventory issues, legal and audit issues, tax and compliance programs, risk management, insurance, project management requirements and corporate training programs. Additionally, he is very familiar with current PC software and spreadsheet programs, including Internet applications. John is also familiar with business start-up issues and practices.
Memberships and Credentials
HONORS, AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- Lewis Lancaster Award for academic achievement (UCSB - 1981).
- Advisory Board, Los Rios Center for International Trade Development (1996).
- Board of Directors, Inland International Trade Association, Inc. (2000-2004).
- FIFA soccer referee and coach for ten years.
- Graduated with high honors from UCSB.