- Dept Chair and Associate Prof. Electrical Engineering
- John.Post@erau.edu Email
- Electrical, Computer & Software Engr Department
- College of Engineering
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University
- UNIV 101: College Success
- EE 410: Communication Systems
- EE 412: Communication Systems Lab
- EE 336: Electrical Engineering I Lab
- EE 224: Electrical Engineering Lab I
- EE 304: Electronic Circuits Lab
- EE 302: Electronic Devices & Circuits
EGR 101 Intro to Engineering
EGR 115 Introduction to Computing for Engineers
CEC 220 Digital Circuit Design
CEC 222 Digital Circuits Laboratory
EE 223 Linear Circuits Analysis I
EE 302 Electronic Devices and Circuits
EE 304 Electronics Laboratory
EE 309 Signals and Systems
EE 340 Electric and Magetic Fields
EE 410 Communications Systems
EE 412 Communications Systems Laboratory
Professional ExperienceDr. Post was commissioned a second lieutenant in the United States Army in December, 1981 and served on active duty until his retirement as a lieutenant colonel in June, 2006. His military service included two tours as an Instructor and later Assistant Professor with the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the United States Military Academy, West Point, NY. His final military assignment was as Chief of Engineering with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency Test Division at Kirtland AFB, NM. Dr. Posts research interests include design and optimization of planar microwave circuits and devices and engineering education.
Memberships and CredentialsSenior Member IEEE
Licensed Professional Engineer, Commonwealth of Virginia.
Private Pilot (Single Engine Land).
Extra Class Amateur Radio License (KA5GSQ).