John F Sevic
- Associate Professor Electrical Engineering
- John.Sevic@erau.edu Email
- Electrical, Computer & Software Engr Department
- College of Engineering
Areas of Expertise
Computational electromagnetics, microwave semiconductors, and nanoscale transport phenomena.
I am an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, presently teaching Senior Capstone and Computation for Engineers. Prior to Embry-Riddle, I was an engineer for thirty years, in Silicon Valley. My background is primarily involved in computational analysis and design of nanoscale and microwave semiconductors. I am affiliated with NECTAR at the University of California at Santa Cruz, developing computational methods to study transport phenomena of dielectric thin films. Early in my career I was involved in RF and microwave transistor design and power amplifier design at Motorola, Qualcomm, and Cree. My publications have appeared in Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, Applied Optics Letters, and the IEEE. I have over ten awarded patents, over fifty publications, and a Wiley text book on RF power amplifier design.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering, University of California-Santa Cruz
- M.S. - Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
- M.B.A. - Master of Business Administration in Master of Business Administration, Santa Clara University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Michigan Technological University