- Adjunct Instructor I
- Jono.Anzalone@erau.edu Email
- Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- College of Arts & Sciences
Office Hours5-7pm ET, Tu & Th
Areas of ExpertiseEconomics, Development, Disaster
Jono is the Executive Director of The Climate Initiative (TCI), a nonpartisan organization that inspires to educate, empower, and active 10 million youth around climate action by 2025. He joined TCI after a long tenure as both a Red Cross, where he started as a youth volunteer in 1994 in Omaha, Nebraska.
Most recently, Jono served as the Head of Disaster and Crisis, Preparedness, Response, and Recovery for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies for the Americas and Caribbean region, based in Panama, Panama and also served as the Vice President of International Services at the American Red Cross based out of Washington, DC.
Jono’s hundreds of national and international disaster assignments with the American Red Cross, IFRC, and ICRC have led him to serve in places such as Mexico, Belize, Suriname, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Liberia, and Haiti, to include being detailed to the United States Agency on International Development (USAID) during the 2010 Haiti Earthquake and assigned to their Response Management Team to lead the agencies donations management activity.
Jono served as the Advocacy Committee chair for the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (National VOAD) from 2012-2015.
Jono graduated from Creighton University with a BA in Political Science, the University of Nebraska with an MS in Economics, a doctorate in Educational Leadership and Higher Education at the University of Nebraska, and the Harvard School of Public Health and Kennedy School of Government National Preparedness Leadership Initiative, and has earned the International Association of Emergency Management Certified Emergency Manager (CEM®) credential and was awarded the Meta-Leader of the Year from Harvard School of Public Health and Kennedy School of Government National Preparedness Leadership Initiative in 2017. Jono holds several teaching appoints in economics at colleges and universities across the country, dating back to 2003.
Jono and his husband Andy, Associate Director of Gender Equality at Save the Children, live in Maine with their Golden Doodle, Penni.
- Ed.D. - Doctor of Education in Educational Studies: Educational Leadership and Higher Education, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- M.S. - Master of Science in Economics, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- ECON 210: Microeconomics
ECO 210 - Microeconomics
ECO 225 - Engineering Economics
Memberships and CredentialsInternational Association of Emergency Managers, Certified Emergency Manager
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
- Harvard University National Preparedness Leadership Institute Meta-Leader of the Year Award, 2017
- Golden Key International Honor Society member
- FEMA Administrators Award
- Omnicron Delta Epsilon – Economics Honor Society
- Creighton University International Relations Executive Staff
- Angela Maher Scholarship for International Study
- American Red Cross Leadership Award
- Various Merit Scholarships