- Associate Professor, College of Aeronautics
- Department of Graduate Studies
- Worldwide College of Aeronautics
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Hardy completed his Ph.D. in Sciences and Engineering of Risk Activities from the French “Grandes Ecoles” Mines ParisTech. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Safety Engineering, a first Master of Arts in Legal Studies with a concentration in Euro-Mediterranean Security and Defense and a second Master of Arts in Political Science with a concentration in European Studies and International Regulations.
He was a Ph.D. visiting student within the Complex Systems Research Lab, Aeronautics and Astronautics Department at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology – MIT and a Postdoctoral Fellow within the Center for Catastrophic Risk Management, Haas Business School, at UC Berkeley.
For 4 years, Dr. Hardy worked as a safety engineer for an international company in charge of risk management within several industrial projects. He is an Associated Safety Professional, a Certified Safety Professional (USA), a Certified Safety and Health Management (USA), a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner (UK) and a full member of the international institute of risk and safety management.
Dr. Hardy’s research focus is in the area of models of accidents, system dynamics, and system safety, theory of complexity, organizational behavior and resilience within socio-technical systems. Prior to become a faculty at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Dr. Hardy spent several years as a volunteer firefighter in southern France.
- D. - Doctoral in Sciences and Engineering of Risk Activities, Mines Paris Tech
- M. - Master in Law and Political Science, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis
- M. - Master in Euro-Mediterranean Legal Areas (Security and Defense in the are of Law), University of Toulon
Ratings and Certificates
- SFTY 470: Adv Occ Sfty & Health Tech
- SFTY 315: Envrnmtl Compliance & Safety
- SFTY 570: Fire Safety Management
- EMGY 310: Fundamentals of Emergency Mgmt
- SFTY 600: Occupat'l Safety & Health Mgmt
- SFTY 530: Safety,Health & Envr, Leg, Lit
Memberships and Credentials
Associate Safety Professional (ASP, USA)
Certified Safety Professional (CSP, USA)
Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM, USA)
Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner (CMIOSH, UK)
Member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (MIIRSM, UK)
European Occupational Safety and Health Manager (EurOSHM, European Union)