Ken J. Bryant
- Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Kenneth.Bryant@erau.edu Email
- Department of Graduate Studies
- College of Aviation
Office HoursMy Contact Info: 817.521.5509 (mobile) My "Office" Hours: Phone 5pm-10pm, (Cooperstown, NY: March-October), (Palm Springs, CA - November-February), Monday-Saturday. Other times by appointment. Note: Feel free to contact me via my ERAU email (email@example.com) at any time.
Areas of ExpertiseAir Traffic Control, Airport, and Airline Operations, Corporate Aviation, Aviation Safety.
I completed my Master of Aeronautical Science (MAS) from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in 1992, which compliments my Bachelor of Administration (Economics) from Chapman University (1982).
- Air transportation and railroad management professional with 40 years of experience: air traffic controller (USN), USAF flight crew member (Sr. Navigator - E-3 AWACS and KC-135 retired) civilian/general aviation pilot, airport management (DFW), corporate aviation FBO Manager (DFW), railroad operations, marketing, technology services, project management (BNSF Railway - retired). Experienced first officer (co-pilot) at CAE Simuflite's Supporting Crew Member Program (SCM) at DFW in the Citation 500 series jet (2006-2007).
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Adjunct Assistant Professor of College of Aeronautics, teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in Aeronautical Sciences since 1998.
- FAA Certificates & Ratings: Commercial Pilot, Single/Multi-engine Land, Instrument, Control Tower Operator, Aircraft Dispatcher
- My military and civilian business work experience required almost weekly air travel across the USA with frequent international air travel (flight crewmember and passenger). I've experienced many of the issues and topics we will discuss in course material. As an ERAU faculty member, I have numerous contacts/resources at several airlines, major airports and military installations. I retired from the USAF in 1995 and BNSF Railway in January 2017.
I have been identified as a motivated and compelling leader, astute problem solver, highly organized and detail oriented with 20 years of military leadership in the US Navy and US Air Force. I retired from the USAF in 1995 as the Senior Flight Test Navigator in the E-3 AWACS and KC-135. The first eight years of my military career I served in the US Navy as an Air Traffic Controller and transferred to the USAF to accept my commission and wings as a Navigator.
- M.A.S. - Master of Aeronautical Science in Aviation/Aerospace Operations, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Business Administration, Chapman University
Ratings and Certificates
- ASCI 602: The Air Transportation System