- Assistant Professor, College of Aeronautics; Curriculum Chair, Department of Graduate Studies
- Kristine.Kiernan@erau.edu Email
- Department of Graduate Studies
- Worldwide College of Aeronautics
Kristy Kiernan joined the College of Aeronautics in 2017. In her current position as the Associate Department Chair for Curriculum in the Graduate Studies department, she is responsible for guiding the development of all graduate certificate and degree programs. Prior to this position, she served as the Program Chair for the Master of Science in Unmanned Systems. Her current research projects include developing a taxonomy for success to help understand the positive contribution of human performance to system resilience in air transportation, and standards gap analysis for unmanned systems. Prior to joining Embry-Riddle, she flew the Falcon 20 on search and rescue, drug interdiction, and law enforcement missions with the United States Coast Guard. While on active duty, she graduated from Aviation Safety Officer School, served as a Crew Resource Management curriculum developer, and as the Standardization Officer for the Falcon community. She is co-author of the UAS Pilots Code of Conduct, a working group lead for the AUVSI Trusted Operator Program, and a member of the steering committee for the ANSI UAS Standardization Collaborative. She holds an Airline Transport Pilot rating and a Remote Pilot certificate.
She lives in Alabama with her husband and four children.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Aviation, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- M.A.S. - Master of Aeronautical Science in Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Neural Sciences, Brown University