Areas of Expertise
Dr. Narayanaswami has teaching and research interests primarily in the general area of thermal sciences, specifically in propulsion and combustion. He also has interest in gas dynamics and has conducted research both as research participant and under contract with the then Morgantown Energy technology center, Department of Energy. He is also a recipient of AD Welliver Fellowship, The Boeing Company. Dr. Narayanaswami has publications in the areas of rocket combustion instability, pulse combustion and chaos.
Dr. Narayanaswami was the initiator of various program and course proposals in the AE department. He originated the proposal for the AE accelerated program as well as the proposal for establishing the propulsion design track of the AE curriculum. Also, he originated proposals for a number of existing undergraduate and graduate courses in aerospace engineering.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S. - Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- AE 414: Space Propulsion
- CEAE 296: Coop Ed Aerospace Engineering
- CEAE 297: Coop Ed Aerospace Engineering
- CEAE 396: Coop Ed Aerospace Engineering
- CEAE 397: Coop Ed Aerospace Engineering
- AE 403: Jet Propulsion