- Associate Professor of the Practice, College of Aeronautics
- Larry.Jenkins@erau.edu Email
- Department of Graduate Studies
- Worldwide College of Aeronautics
Dr. Jenkins received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He then went on to earn a master's degree in International Relations from the University of Southern California, an Ed.D. in Adult and Community College Education from North Carolina State University, a Teaching Certificate in Social Studies from Fayetteville State University, and a Master of Aeronautical Science from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
In addition, he also received education from the military in multiple fields, including U.S. Army Flight School. Other courses include: Warrant Officer Senior Course, Army Aviation Maintenance Course, Army Test Pilot Course, Army Supply Officer's Management Course, Army Safety Course, Army Instructor Pilot Course, and Army AMMEDS Course (Medical Management).
Organizations: Dr. Jenkins is an active member of the Transportation Research Forum, Helicopter Association International, and the Foreign Policy Association.
Awards and Experience: Dr. Jenkins has more than 27 years of experience in decision making, problem solving and successively responsible positions at all levels of management in the U.S. Army. He has firsthand knowledge of directing large organizations, line units, staff sections and service teams. He has a demonstrated capability of dealing with complex ideas and expanding basic concepts, established organizational policies and procedures. He also coordinated functions of various departments, ensured compliance with regulation and policy, assessed needs and established work priorities, and has coordinated federal and state programs.
Dr. Jenkins has eight years of experience as a classroom instructor between Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Webster University, the U.S. Army Transportation School, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with experience teaching online. He has extensive leadership experience with small and large organizations, as well as one year of experience in sales and marketing and two years of experience as a Budget and Property Book Officer.
While a member of the U.S. Army, Dr. Jenkins received two Meritorious Service Medals, 10 Air Medals, and three Army Commendation Medals, one of which was for heroism.
- Ed.D. - Doctor of Education in Adult and Community College Education, North Carolina State University
- M.A.S. - Master of Aeronautical Science in Av Aerospace Management, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- M.A. - Master of Arts in International Relations, University of Southern California
- B.A. - Bachelor of Arts in Pol. Sci., University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- ASCI 254: Aviation Legislation
- MOET 691: Entrepreneurship Tech Capstone
- ASCI 691: Graduate Capstone Course
- ASCI 642: International Aviation Policy
- ASCI 317: Rotorcraft
- TRAN 411: Strategic Intermodal Alliances