Linda M Pittenger
- Associate Professor, College of Business; Director of Faculty Development
- Linda.Pittenger@erau.edu Email
- Department of Management and Technology
- Worldwide College of Business
Dr. Linda M. Pittenger is recognized as one of the leading industry experts and thought leaders on IT Human Capital. Dr. Pittenger is Associate Professor of Organizational Leadership at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Discipline Chair for Organizational Behavior.
Dr. Pittenger has been published in most industry publications and is a frequent speaker at major global conferences. Dr. Pittenger was selected as a Commissioner for President Obama's Tech America initiative; REAL (Recommendations for Education and Advancement), responsible for recommending policy agenda for "Digital Promise”. She actively consults with CEOs and CIOs of Global 100 companies and has led HR transformations at several Fortune 100 corporations. Her work was the subject of a MIT case study.
Dr. Pittenger has been the recipient of many awards and has implemented several programs that exceeded benchmark standards and directly impacted AT&T winning the Malcolm Baldrige Award. Her research paper on the distinguishing competencies of superior-performing IT professionals was recognized by IEEE as one of the top global 15 technology management papers of 2011.
Prior to Embry-Riddle, Dr. Pittenger had a successful career as an executive in academic and large corporate environments, and she conceptualized, launched and sold a business to a Fortune 500 company.
- D.Mgt. - Doctor of Management in Management, Case Western Reserve University
- M.B.A. - Master of Business Administration in Executive Master of Bus Admin, Jacksonville University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Sociology, Jacksonville University