Areas of Expertise
Dr. Andalibi has been working in Higher Education since 2008 and has taught a variety of Mechanical Engineering courses.
His research focus is on interdisciplinary projects in which computer vision and machine learning are utilized, including unmanned systems, vision-assisted devices, rapid prototyping monitoring, and car navigation.
He is an experienced CAD instructor and MATLAB programmer holding professional CATIA, SolidWorks, and MATLAB certificates.
He also serves as the Director of Rapid Prototyping Lab.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Oklahoma State University
- AE 430: Control Sys Analysis & Design
- EGR 295A: CAD Design of Mech Systems
At Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
- Introduction to Engineering, EGR 101
- College Success, UNIV 101
- Statics, ES 201
- Introduction to Computing for Engineers, EGR 115
- Computer-Aided Conceptual Design of Aerospace Systems, EGR 200
- Solid Mechanics, ES 202
- Dynamics, ES 204
- Robotics II Laboratory, ME 406L
- Robotics I, ME 302
- Computer-Aided Design of Mechanical Systems, EGR 295
- Control Systems Analysis and Design, AE 430
At Oklahoma State University:
- System Dynamics, MAE 3723
- Engineering Design with CAD, ENGR 1332
- Dynamics, ENSC 2123
- Engineering Analysis, MAE 3013
- Measurement and Instrumentation Lab, MAE 3113
Papers and Presentations:
1) M. Andalibi, "Review the Assumptions: Welcome to Engineering in the Real World", ASEE PSW, Davis, CA, April 2020.
2) Sam Siewert, Mehran Andalibi, Stephen Bruder, "Comparison of RADAR, Passive Optical with Acoustic, and Fused Multi-Modal Active and Passive Sensing for UAS Traffic Management Compliance and Urban Air Mobility Safety", AIAA SciTech, Jan 2020, FL.
3) M. Andalibi, "Early Incorporation of Entrepreneurship Mindset in An Engineering Curriculum", International Journal of Higher Education, Vol. 8, No. 4, August 2019.
4) S. Siewert, R. Sampigethaya, S. Bruder, M. Andalibi, “Multi-modal Active and Passive Sensing Experiments for Fail-Safe and Fail-Secure Urban UAS Traffic Management”, AUVSI Xponential, Chicago, May 2019.
5) S. Siewert, R. Sampigethaya, S. Bruder, M. Andalibi, "Fail-Safe, Fail-Secure Experiments for Small UAS and UAM Traffic in Urban Airspace", AIAA-IEEE DASC 2019.
6) M. Andalibi, "Incorporating Entrepreneurship in an Introductory Engineering Course through Generating New Ideas", ASEE PSW, Los Angeles, CA, April 2019.
7) S. Siewert, M. Andalibi, S. Bruder, J. Buchholz, R. Fernandez, S. Rizor, "Slew-to-Cue Electro-Optical and Infrared Sensor Network for small UAS Detection, Tracking and Identification", AIAA SciTech, San Diego, CA, January 2019.
8) Y. Margowadi, M. Andalibi, D. M. Chandler, "Video-Based Detection of Sidewalk Surface Changes for Use in a Smart Walking Stick", 20th International Conference on Signal, Image Processing and Applications, Tokyo, Japan, Nov 2018.
9) S. Siewert, M. Andalibi, S. Bruder, I. Gentilini, J. B, "Drone Net Architecture for UAS Traffic Management Multi-modal Sensor Networking Experiments", Aeroconf IEEE Aerospace, Big Sky, MT, 2018.
10) S. Siewert, M. Andalibi, S. Bruder, I. Gentilini, A. Dandupally, S. Gavvala, O. Prabhu, J. Buchholz and D. Burklund, “Drone Net, A Passive Instrument Network Driven by Machine Vision and Machine Learning to Automate UAS Traffic Management”, AUVSI Xponential, Denver, Colorado, May 2018.
11) M. Andalibi and D. M. Chandler, "Automatic Glare Detection via Photometric, Geometric, and Global Positioning Information", IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging, Autonomous Vehicles and Machines, Burlingame, CA, 2017.19: 77-82.
12) M. Andalibi and D. M. Battaglia, "Benefits of Problem-Based Learning in an Introductory Engineering Programming Course", Lilly Conference - Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning, Anaheim, CA, Feb 2017.
13) D. Battaglia, K. Sampaguita, A. Almagambetov, M. Andalibi, T. Groh, K. Martin, S. Siewert, and A. Boettcher, "Integrating Research into Undergraduate Courses: Experiences from a Multi-Disciplinary Faculty Learning Community", ASEE Rocky Mountain Section Conference, UT, Oct 2016.
14) H. Mohamadipanah, M. Andalibi, and L. L. Hoberock, “Robust Automatic Feature Tracking on Beating Human Hearts for Minimally Invasive CABG Surgery”, ASME Journal of Medical Devices, DOI:10.1115/1.4033301, April 2016.
15) M. Andalibi, L. L. Hoberock, and D. Chandler, “Real-Time Detection of Moving Cast Shadows Using Foreground Luminance Statistics”, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, January 2016.
16) M. Andalibi and D. Chandler, “Digital Image Watermarking via Adaptive Logo Texturization”, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, DOI:10.1109/TIP.2015.2476961, Sep 2015.
17) D. Gabbert, M. Andalibi, and J. D. Jacob, “System Development for Wildfire SUAS”, 33rd AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Dallas, U.S.A., DOI: 10.2514/6.2015-2416, June 2015.
18) S. D. Fehrenbach, Z. P. Barbeau, M. Andalibi, J. D. Jacob, and G. Chowdhary, “System Development for the NASA UAS Airspace Operations Challenge”, 15th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference, Dallas, U.S.A., DOI: 10.2514/6.2015-3328, June 2015.
19) M. Andalibi, L. L. Hoberock, and H. Mohamadipanah, “Effects of Texture Addition on the Optical Flow Performance in Images with Poor Texture”, Elsevier Journal of Image and Vision Computing, DOI: 10.1016/j.imavis.2015.04.008, May 2015.
20) H. Mohamadipanah, L. L. Hoberock, and M. Andalibi, “Predictive Model Reference Adaptive Control to Compensate Heart Motion in Minimally Invasive CABG Surgery”, Springer Journal of Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology, DOI: 10.1007/s13239-015-0225-y, May 2015.
21) A. Suhren, M. Andalibi, G. Chowdhary, C. Crick, D. Gaffin, and B. Brayfield, “A Framework for Navigation Based on Familiarity”, Oklahoma AIAA/ASME XXXV Symposium, Stillwater, April 2015.
22) D. Gaffin, B. Brayfield, A. Suhren, M. Andalibi, G. Chowdhary, and C. Crick, “Simulated Autonomous Navigation within an Indoor Environment Using a Scene-Familiarity Based Algorithm”, ISARRA, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, April 2015.
1- OSU Invention Disclosure No. 2015.19, “A Plug and Adapt Autonomy Module for Mobile Vehicle Systems”, G. Chowdhary, D. Johnson, J. Stockton, A. Cole, M. Andalibi, T. Hermosillo, S. T. Vuppala, and L. Kinion, , Oklahoma State University, February 2015.
1) Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott, AZ (2015-present)
2) Director of Rapid Prototyping Lab, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott, AZ (2018-present)
3) Lecturer, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma (2014-2015)
4) Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma (2014-2015)
1) Reviewer for Journal of Aerospace Information Systems
2) Reviewer for International Journal of Remote Sensing
3) Reviewer for Journal of Electronic Imaging
4) Reviewer for Journal of Testing and Evaluation
5) Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on image Processing
6) Reviewer for Elsevier Journal of Signal Processing: Image Communication
7) Reviewer for ASEE, PSW, 2019 and 2020.
Memberships and Credentials
1) SolidWorks Certified Educator
2) SolidWorks Certified Professional (CSWP)
3) SolidWorks Technology Education Competency Exam (TECE) certification
4) SolidWorks Additive Manufacturing Associate Certification
5) SolidWorks Simulation Professional Certification
6) CATIA V5 Specialist - Mechanical Designer
7) CATIA V5 Specialist - Mechanical Surface Designer
8) Siemens Workshop for Educators S7-1200 (SCT-WSSCEW1A)
9) PCB Piezotronics Workshop for Microphones and Acoustics Fundamentals and Advanced Applications
10) Mathworks Certified MATLAB Associate (MCMA) Certification
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
1) College of Engineering Service of the Year Award, 2019, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
2) College of Engineering Researcher of the Year Award (ICARUS Lab Faculty), 2016, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
3) Faculty Research Award of 2018, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
4) Faculty Research Award of 2017, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
5) Faculty Research Award of 2016, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
6) Faculty Research Award of 2015, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
7) College of Engineering Researcher of the Year Award (ICARUS Lab Faculty), 2015, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
8) Reviewer Certificate of Appreciation, Journal of Electronic Imaging, 2017
9) Reviewer Certificate of Appreciation, Journal of Electronic Imaging, 2016
10) Reviewer Certificate of Appreciation, Journal of Electronic Imaging, 2015
11) Distinguished Graduate Fellowship, Oklahoma State University, 2012-2013