- Associate Professor of Aeronautical Science
- Michael.Coman@erau.edu Email
- Aeronautical Science Department
- Daytona College of Aviation
- M.A. - Master of Arts in Management and Supervision: Business Management, Central Michigan University
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Management, United States Air Force Academy
Ratings and Certificates
- AS 357: Flight Physiology
- AS 408: Flight Safety
- AS 474: Operational App in Aeronautics
Professional ExperienceMike Coman is a USAF Academy graduate with undergraduate degree in business.
He completed a 30-year USAF career in 2005 as head of ERAU's AFROTC Det 157 in DB.
Mike has accumulated approximately 4500 flying hours mainly in military jet aircraft.
His flying assignments included being a T-38 USAF Pilot Training instructor and evaluator and duty as a C-141 airdrop, air refueling and special operations instructor pilot.
He also commanded a C-9 Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron in Germany.
Before coming to ERAU Mike was the Vice Commander of the KC-135 Air Refueling Wing at MacDill AFB in Tampa.
Mike is also a trained aircraft safety/accident board president.
His master's degree is from Central Michigan University in Business. Mike's teaching assignments for Aero Sci include Aviation Physiology, Long Range Domestic and International Navigation, Crew Resource Management, Flight Safety, and Capstone courses.
He also served as the Program Coordinator for the Aeronautics and Aeronautical Science degrees.
His hobbies include golf, fishing, and traveling.