- Assistant Professor of the Practice, College of Aeronautics; Program Coordinator, Master of Systems Engineering
- Reza.Rahdar@erau.edu Email
- Department of Engineering and Technology
- College of Aviation
Areas of Expertise
Digital/analog design and development
Telecommunication (wired and wireless communication)
Dr. Reza Rahdar, is program coordinator of Master of Systems Engineering in the College of Aeronautics. He have over 29 years of experience in systems and products design & development, and engineering systems that include telecommunication systems and networks, Radio communications, air defenses systems, avionics systems, and Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS). Dr. Rahdar developed proficiency with systems engineering principles, process, and practices. He is an expert in taking systems from inception through design, development, and production. His skills are included but not limited to operations research, analytical/statistical analysis, trade studies, new product introduction including gates and design reviews processes, risk and opportunity management, reliability, availability & maintainability, and safety analysis, and complex project management.
Interests: Dr. Rahdar enjoys reading, writing, and translating books and articles. He translated many books and articles to Farsi.
Dr. Rahdar also serves as a mentor in the College of Aeronautics at Embry-Riddle Worldwide, responsible for developing and managing mentor/mentee relationship.
Professional Organizations: Dr. Rahdar is a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE).
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Science, Southern Methodist University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Systems Engineering, Southern Methodist University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Operations Research, Southern Methodist University
- B.Eng. - Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Concordia University
- SYSE 500: Fundl's of System Engineering
- SYSE 560: Intro to Sys Engineering Mmgt
- ENGR 101: Introduction to Engineering
- SYSE 610: Sys Archit Design and Modeling
- SYSE 530: Sys Requirmt Anyls & Modeling
- ENGR 101 - Introduction to engineering
- SYSE 500 – Fundl's of System Engineering
- SYSE 530 – Systems Requirements Analysis & Modeling
- SYSE 560 - Introduction to Systems Engineering Management
- SYSE 610 - Systems Architecture design and modeling
- SYSE 625 – System Quality Assurance
- MGMT 422 - Information Technology Management, Strategy, and Governance
- MGMT 404 - Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Planning
- MGMT 403 - IT Audit and Control
- MGMT 402 - Legal Issues in Information Security
- MGMT 394 - Information Security Management
- MGMT 389 - Information Assurance and Information Quality
- MGMT 388 - Systems Forensics, Investigation & Response
- MGMT 386 - Fundamentals of Information Systems Security
- MGMT 321 - Aviation/Aerospace Systems Analysis Methods
- MGMT 320 - Business Information Systems
- MGMT 221 - Introduction to Management Information Systems
A Systems Engineering Approach to Improving the Accuracy of Mobile Station Location Estimation
Reza Rahdar, Member, IEEE, Jerrell T. Stracener, and Eli V. Olinick
A Systems Engineering Approach to Mentorship Program for Online Military and Veteran Engineering Students
Dr. Reza Rahdar, Dr. Yuetong Lin, Dr. Ghazal Barari, Mr. Ryan Goyings, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Dr. Reza Rahdar began his professional career in the Telecommunication Industries with Nortel Networks, working for 12 years at the positions ranging from research & development engineer, project manager, solution architect, and Program manager. Dr. Rahdar’ s Systems Engineering experience starts with Rockwell Collins in 2006 and then worked with Raytheon, Bell Helicopter, General Dynamics, and Boeing defense and security systems. His roles and responsibilities ranging from Sr. Systems Engineer to professional systems engineer, and SEIT (Systems Engineering Integration Team) lead. Dr. Rahdar work portfolio include Flight Control and Air craft actuations, Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) including Infosec management, Head-up-Guidance systems including Helmet Mounted Display System, HUD, and EVS. V-22 osprey avionics systems, Air Defense systems (PATRIOT, BMC4I), JTRS-GMR systems including mobile and radio communication and waveforms (Common Data Link (CDL), Link 11, Link 16, CW etc.) Broadband Mobile Communication (MUOS, UMTS, WCDMA, SATCOM, MILCOM, etc.), Mobile location estimation methods & algorithms (Directional Finding, E911 location accuracy, and LBS); Telecommunication systems (Wireline and Wireless communication systems/networks including 1G/2G/3G, CDMA, TDMA/FDMA, GSM/GPRS, circuit & packet switching, Optical and IP protocols)
Dr. Rahdar began his career with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide in 2012 as an adjunct instructor teaching information management and systems engineering courses. Since 2018, Dr. Rahdar moved into full-time teaching and faculty position.
Memberships and Credentials
IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Senior Member
INCOSE - International Council on Systems Engineering.