DR. ROBIN A. ROBERTS
Dr. Roberts is an educator and human resource practitioner with over 40 years of experience in organizational development. She specializes in customizing and designing programs and services in training and development with a primary focus on leadership, equity and inclusion, organizational socialization and membership, cross-cultural communication, and career kinetics. She has spent the last 15 years pioneering research and technology that enhance human energy and performance.
In her 40 years of experience, Dr. Roberts has facilitated and managed teams and projects nationally and internationally including unionized organizations in Holland and Germany. She has experience with organizational development, employee training and development, and executive coaching for companies such as Discover Card, MBNA, Chase Bank, UPS, American Express, NAVAIR, Verizon, MunichRE, and Country Financial Inc. as well as Delaware State University and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Dr. Roberts has been a featured presenter at national conferences for organizations such as SHRM, the NCAA, FACRAO, and NSBE. She is an active member of the Volusia chapter of SHRM and contributes articles for publication into the state of Florida SHRM magazine.
In 2013, Dr. Roberts authored a new business model called the Human Utility Business™ (HUB™) model that uses quantitative and qualitative data for organizational leaders to view how their stakeholders collectively exist in an operating environment and spend time, energy, and emotions to thrive. Included with the HUB™ business model is a static and portable virtual lab with screened walls that depict 3D scenarios for participants to become virtually immersed into scenes that show their behavior in diverse and inclusive environments. The Leadership Institute at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has collaborated with Dr. Roberts to implement the HUB™ as a premier training and development resource for their employees.
Dr. Roberts currently works as an Assistant Professor (tenure track) at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU), Worldwide on-line campus. She teaches undergraduate and graduate lever courses in organizational leadership, multiculturalism in the workforce, career kinetics, and human energy. Prior to this roles, Dr. Roberts was the Director of the ERAU Leadership Institute which she designed to assist faculty and staff with increasing their leadership potential and career mobility. Dr. Roberts is committed to using her expertise to serve humanity and foster inclusive communities. She works with homeless shelters in Volusia County assisting residence with increasing their abilities to thrive. She also assists with the Scuba Gym, an organization that uses underwater techniques to advance the performance of individuals with special needs.
She earned a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, a Master of Arts in Organizational Management, and a Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership at the University of Phoenix. She also received a certificate, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from Villanova University, Philadelphia, PA. Her passion is in helping others grow personally and professionally and to be valuable contributors where they live, learn, and earn.
- D.Mgt. - Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership, University of Phoenix
- M.A. - Master of Arts in Organizational Management, University of Phoenix
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Business/Information Systems, University of Phoenix
Ratings and Certificates
- What's in your Toolkit? (Panel Session) , Embry-Riddle Aeronautical\u00a0University LEAD-ER Program (2016)
- A Call to Leadership: The Awakening , Office of Diversity & Inclusion (2014)
- Human Utility Business Model: Maximizing Human Energy , Office of Diversity & Inclusion (2014)
- Linking Innovation & Creativity with Diversity & Inclusion Using Lean Six Sigma , Office of Diversity & Inclusion (2014)
- Smart Cities, Smart Leaders, Smart ERA"You" , The Flight of Leadership: Putting the Pieces Together (2014)
- Opening Ceremony - Diversity and Inclusion Staff Welcome Address , The Flight of Leadership: Putting the Pieces Together (2014)
- Global Citizenship: Stewards of the Future , Office of Diversity & Inclusion (2014)
- Welcome/Opening Remarks , Embry-Riddle Aeronautical\u00a0University LEAD-ER Program (2015)
- Shifting Gears: Leadership in Motion , Embry-Riddle Aeronautical\u00a0University LEAD-ER Program (2015)
- Pinning & Graduation Ceremony , Embry-Riddle Aeronautical\u00a0University LEAD-ER Program (2015)
- Opening Remarks , Embry-Riddle Aeronautical\u00a0University LEAD-ER Program (2016)
- Pinning Ceremony , Embry-Riddle Aeronautical\u00a0University LEAD-ER Program (2016)
- Human Energy Maximization in a Customized Leadership Program , Publications (2017)
- Thriving in Complexity: A Framework for Leadership Education , Publications (2017)