Areas of Expertise
Security, Cloud, Patterns, Machine Learning and Communications.
Dr. Rajput acquired his Ph.D. from the University of Southern California in EE Communications in 1992 as a student of Dr. Lloyd Welch. He has three patents and several publications. While he held senior security related positions in several companies including Racal Datacom, he has also lectured as adjunct/visiting professor at University of Miami, Florida Atlantic University and several Universities abroad. He has two decades of years of diverse product development experience. He became a full-time faculty member at Nova Southeastern University in 2006. At NSU he managed Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology and Mathematics programs as Assistant Director in the Division of Math, Science, and Technology. He retired as Full Professor from NSU in 2017. Currently, he is serving as Chief Science Officer at Cloutel LLC, Denver, He is a senior member of the IEEE.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
- M.S. - Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
- M. - Master in Electronic Engineering, Philips International Institute of Technological Studies
COURSES CREATED AND TAUGHT
Signals and Systems (EENG 3310 at NSU)
Object Oriented Design (CSIS 3460 at NSU)
VLSI Design (CENG 4750 at NSU)
Electrical Circuits (EENG 2710 at NSU)
Network Security (CSIS 4500 at NSU)
Computer Security (CSIS 4010 at NSU)
Fundamentals of Computer Programming (CSIS 2101 at NSU)
Networks and Data Communications (CSIS 3500 at NSU)
Discrete Mathematics (CSIS 2050 at NSU)
Design Patterns (CSIS 4100 at NSU)
Beyond Web (UNIV 1110 at NSU)
Linear Algebra (MATH 3300 at NSU)
Unix Operating System Environment (CSIS 4840 at NSU)
Introduction to Neural Networks (CAP 5615: at FAU)
Foundations of Computer Science (COT 3002: at FAU)
Web Services, (COT 4930/COT 5930: at FAU)
Wireless Networks (EEN594: at UM)
Computer Communication Networks (EEN 534 at UM)
Medical Informatics (RAD 604 at UM)
Computerized Patient Records (RAD 608 at UM)
Advisor for 16 Distinct Directed Projects at NSU
Advisor for 16 Internships at NSU
Other Courses TaughtTaught following course at Lynn University
BUS322: Business Analytics Using Excel Modeling
Taught following courses at Florida Atlantic University (FAU)
COT4400: Design and Analysis of Algorithms
EGN1002: Fundamentals of Engineering
COP3813: Internet Computing (Web development)
COP3014: Foundation of Computer Science (C++)
COP2220: Introduction to Programming in C
COT5930 & CIS 4363: Data and Network Security
COT 5930 & COT 4930: Network Security
COP 4331 Object Oriented Design and Programming
COP3530 Data Structures
Taught following courses at Nova Southeastern University (NSU)
CISC 0502 Mathematics in Computing
CSIS 3100 Computer Programming II
CSIS3023 Legal & Ethical Aspects of Comp.
CSIS3810 Operating System Concepts
CSIS 2950 Computer Programming I (C++)
Taught following courses at University of Miami (UM)
EEN 404 Communication Systems
EEN 594 Wireless Networks
EEN534: Computer Communication Networks
Taught following courses at NUST
Analysis of Stochastic Systems (Graduate)
Advanced Analog Filters (Graduate)
Communication Systems (Undergraduate)
Digital Signal Processing (Undergraduate)
Analog Circuit Theory (Undergraduate)
EM Theory (Undergraduate)
Taught following course at QU
Random Processes (Graduate)
Taught following course at UET
Digital Signal Processing (Graduate)
Electrical Machine (Undergraduate)
Logic Design (Undergraduate)
Taught following courses at WCU (Los Angeles)
Probability Theory (Graduate)
Random Processes (Graduate)
Error Correcting Codes (Graduate)
Digital Signal Processing (Graduate)
Digital Communications I (Graduate)
Digital Communications II (Graduate)
Communications in Noise (Graduate)
Kalman Filtering (Graduate
Recitation Instructor (TA) at USC
- Probability Theory (Graduate)
- Random Processes (Graduate)
- “Optimizing Performance and Energy in Computational Grids using Non-Cooperative Game Theory,” with S.F. Khan, J. Wilkins, H.F. Sheikh, and I. Ahmad, Workshop on Work in Progress in Green Computing, Chicago, IL. August 15-17, 2010.
- “Experimental analysis of application-level intrusion detection algorithms,” International Journal of Security and Networks, with Y. Dong, S. Hsu, and B. Wu, Vol. 5, No.2/3 pp. 198 - 205, March 2010.
- “Knowledge Discovery Through Data Visualization Of Drive Test Data,” with S. Saxena, A.S. Pandya, R. Stone, and S. Hsu, International Journal of Computer Science and Security (IJCSS), Vol. 3/6 pp 559-568, January 2010.
- “Statistical Approach for Analyzing Cell Phone Handoff Behavior,” with Saxena, S., Pandya, A, Suk, M, Journal of Engineering, Computing and Architecture, vol. 3, issue 1, 2009.
- “Evaluating mobile phone handoff behavior using chi-square statistical test,” with Pandya, A. S., Saxena, S., Ostroff, Steve, Southeastcon, 2008, Huntsville, AL, USA, 3-6 April 2008, pp. 372-377.
- “System, apparatus, and methods for performing state-based authentication,” with Chen, J. Hsu, S., United States Patent Application US 11/344,894, published (US20070283418 A1), Dec. 7, 2007.
- “Enterprise Multi-interceptor Based Security and Auditing Method and Apparatus,” with Hussain B., United States Patent Application US 12/539,189, published (US20090313682 A1) Dec. 7, 2007.
- "Browsing and Monitoring the web through Learning and ingemination," with Hruska, J. United States Patent Application US 11/411,188, published (US20070250514 A1), Oct 25, 2007.
- "Evaluating The Effectiveness Of Active Worm Defense Framework On Virtual LANs Through Monte Carlo Simulations," S. Rajput, Xiaoguang Sun, and Sam Hsu, 8th Intl. Symposium on System and Information Security (SSI'2006), ITA/IEEE, São José dos Campos, Brazil, Nov. 8-10, 2006.
- "Contemporary Malware Trends and Counter Measures," Xiaoguang Sun, Saeed Rajput, High Capacity Optical Networks & Enabling Technologies (HONET), 2006 conference IEEE ComSoc, September 6 - 8, 2006, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- "Comparison of Beta Algorithm with Cyclic Polling and Interleaving Polling with Adaptive Cycle Time in EPONs," S. Krijestorac, S. Rajput, J. Bagby, High Capacity Optical Networks & Enabling Technologies (HONET) IEEE ComSoc, 2006 conference, September 6 - 8, 2006, Charlotte, North Carolina.
- "Mitigating Worm Propagation on Virtual LANs'", Saeed Rajput, Xiaoguang Sun and Sam Hsu, 31st Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Tampa, Florida, November 2006.
- “Power Management System for Embedded RTOS: An Object-Oriented Approach” Agarwal, A., Rajput, S. accepted for publication in IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE) Ottawa 2006.
- “Comparative Analysis and Design Philosophy of Next Generation Unified Enterprise Application Security,” Shaikh, R., Zaidi, S.M.H., Rajput, S.A., and Sharif, K, Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies (IEEE ICET 2005), Islamabad, Pakistan, Sep, 2005
- “Enterprise Wide Centralized Logging Mechanism for Application Level Intrusion Detection,” Shaikh, R., Zaidi, S.M.H., Rajput, S.A., and Sharif, K, 4th International Conference on Security and Management (SAM’05), Las Vegas, USA, 20-23 Jun 2005, pp. 144-148.
- “Enterprise Wide Centralized Application level Access Control using XACML,” with Riaz A. Shaikh, S.M.H. Zaidi, and Kashif Sharif, in Proc. of 8th international e-Biz conference, Seoul, Korea, Mar 2005.
- “State-Based Password Authentication,” FRC Tech Transfer Conference Orlando, Florida, May 18 and 19, 2005.
- Application Level Intrusion Detection using Graph-based Sequence Learning Algorithm", with Dong, Y., and Hsu, S., Proceedings, IASTED Modelling and Simulation conference, in Cancun, Mexico, May 18 – 20, 2005.
- "Enterprise Wide Centralized Application level access control using XACML," with Shaikh, R., Zaidi, S.M.H., Rajput, S.A., and Sharif, K, Proceeding of 8th international e-Biz conference, Seoul, Korea, 23 March 2005.
- "State-Based Authentication," Rajput, S., Chen, J., and Hsu, S, ACMSE 2005, March 18 to 20, 2005 Kennesaw Georgia.
- "Some security issues of wireless systems," Advanced Distributed Systems, Fernandez, E. B., Rajput, S. VanHilst, M., and Larrondo-Petrie, M. M., Procs. of 5th Int. School and Symposium, ISSADS 2005, Guadalajara, Mexico, January 2005, Revised Selected Papers. LNCS 3563, Springer 2005, pp. 388-396.
- "Wireless Security Protocols" Rajput, S., Handbook of Wireless Local Area Networks: Applications, Technology, Security, and Standards, Editors M. Ilyas and S. Ahson, CRC Press, Published in 2005, pp 93-132.
- "Patterns for application firewalls," Delessy-Gassant, N., Fernandez, E.B., Rajput, S., and Larrondo-Petrie, M.M., Procs. of the Pattern Languages of Programs Conference (PLoP) 2004, http://hillside.net/plop/2004/
- Wireless Security, Rajput, S., Proceedings IBCAST-2004, Bhurban, Pakistan, 2004.
- “Application Defense: Next Generation Of Unified Enterprise Security,” Int. Workshop on Frontiers of IT, Islamabad, Dec. 23 - 24, 2003
- “A Co-designed Coding, Modulation and Equalization Scheme for the Transmission of 155.52 Mbit/s Data over a 72 MHz IntelSat Transponder. Part 2: Equalization”, International Journal of Satellite Communications, Vol. 11, No. 6, Nov-Dec 1993, pp. 335-365.
- "Computer Network in Pakistan", National Computer Conference, Karachi, April 1993.
- “A Co-designed Decision Feedback Equalizer Deinterleaver and Decoder,” Proceedings Globecom’91, Arizona 1991, pp. 1165-1169.
- “On Use of Feedback for Simplifying Viterbi Detector,” Philips J. of Research, Vol. 42, No. 4, 399-428, 1987.
- "Implementation of a Data Transmission System using a Delayed Decision Feedback Viterbi Detector", Nat. Lab. (Philips Research Laboratories) Technical Note nr. 224/87, 1987.
- "Delayed Decision Feedback Viterbi Detector", Philips International Institute, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 1986.
- "Microprocessor Controlled Automatic Line Tester for EMD Exchanges", Central Telecommunication Research Laboratories, Islamabad, Pakistan, Jan. 1986.
Dr. Rajput’s research and development experience include leading a team of software creators to develop secure computer network systems enabling Radiologists and Physicians of Jackson Medical Center to exchange multimedia healthcare information; Managing the development of a centralized ATMS; Maintaining Digital Signal Processing Laboratory and working on research sponsored by NASA-Lewis; Simulating and implementing communication receivers based on Viterbi Detector.
Memberships and Credentials
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
Senior member IEEE
Scholarship for Ph.D. in the U.S. based upon nation-wide competitive exam
Scholarship for MS in The Netherlands, awarded by Philips based on nation-wide competitive exam
“Distinction” in Masters’ degree
Awarded ‘Honors” Bachelors’ degree
Third position in the university at UET