- Associate Professor of Software Engineering
- Sameer.Abufardeh@erau.edu Email
- Electrical, Computer & Software Engr Department
- College of Engineering
Areas of ExpertiseCyber-security phishing, Global Software Development, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Software Internationalization & Localization (Multilingual Software).
Dr. Abufardeh earned his Ph.D. in Software Engineering at North Dakota State Univ. (NDSU), 2009, MS Degree in Computer Science at St. Cloud State University (SCSU), 2000, B.S. Computer Science at Southern Illinois University (SIU), 1994, and A.S. Computer Programming and Systems Analysis, Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU), 1986.
Dr. Abufardeh is an Associate Professor in the Computer, Electrical, and Software Engineering Department at Embry-Riddle’s Prescott campus, Aug. 2020-current. Before joining Embry-Riddle, Dr. Abufardeh served as an Associate Professor/Programs Director for the Software Engineering (SE) & Information Tech, Management (ITM) at the Math, Science, and Technology Department (MST) at the University of Minnesota-Crookston (UMC), 2015-2020. Assistant professor and a lecturer at North Dakota State University (NDSU) at the Department of Computer Science, 2006-2015. Lecturer at St. Cloud State University (SCSU), 2000-2002. And he has more than nine years of industry work experience.
Dr. Abufardeh's research interests lie in the area of Cyber-security phishing. Other areas of interest include Global Software Development, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Software Internationalization & Localization (Multilingual Software).
Dr. Abufardeh lives with his wife Dr. Sahar, a Plant Pathologist, their two daughters, Amal 6 & Amani 4. Before becoming a proud and busy dad, Sameer enjoyed playing racketball, bicycling, hiking, and enjoying the outdoors. Now he usually manages to watch these sports and activities on YouTube.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Software Engineering, North Dakota State University-Main Campus
- M.S. - Master of Science in Computer Science, Saint Cloud State University
Memberships and Credentials
- Cyber Security, IEEE Computer Society Technical Community, 2017-Current.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Society, 2010-Current.
- Honor Society - Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE), 2008-Current.
- Localization Industry Standards Association (LISA), 2005-Current.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 2004-Current.