- Associate Professor of Aerospace Engineering
- Scott.Post@erau.edu Email
- Aerospace Engineering Department
- College of Engineering
Areas of ExpertiseAerodynamics, aerosols and particulates, agricultural pesticide application, fertilizer spreading, alternative energy, diesel sprays.
BiographyAt various points in his career, Scott has been a mechanical engineer, an automotive engineer, an agricultural engineer, and an aerospace engineer. Most of his work involves fluid mechanics in one form or another.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University-Main Campus
- AE 302: Aerodynamics II
- ME 309: Airbreathing & Rckt Propulsion
- ES 208: Thermodynamics
Courses TaughtES 206, AE 301, AE 302. Previously taught thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, numerical methods, capstone design, instrumentation & sensors, precision agriculture, combustion, and I.C. engines at other institutions.
- Space Shuttle Case Studies: Challenger and Columbia Publications (2014)
- Standards-Based Grading in a Fluid Mechanics Course Publications (2014)
- Passive Circuits for Active Learning Revisited Publications (2014)
- Capstone Teams: An Industry Based Model Publications (2014)
- A Gated Review Process for Administering a Capstone Senior Design Course Publications (2012)
- Use of Alumni Advisory Board in Assessment of Achievement of Student Outcomes in Capstone Design Publications (2012)
- A Design-Build-Test-Fly Project Involving Modeling, Manufacturing, and Testing Publications (2010)
- Force Balance Design for Educational Wind Tunnels Publications (2010)
- Organization of Teams for Group Homework and Projects Publications (2010)
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Associate Professor - 2021 - Present
Lincoln Agritech (New Zealand)
Chemical Applications Research & Training Manager, 2014-2021. Research and consulting on pesticide and fertiliser application, including aerial topdressing.
Memberships and Credentials
member Institute for Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (ILASS-Americas)