Silvano F Falcao
- Adjunct Instructor I
- firstname.lastname@example.org Email
- Department of Mathematics, Science and Technology
- College of Arts & Sciences
Areas of Expertise
I was born in Brazil, where I lived about 3/5 of my life. My father (deceased) taught Portuguese, Greek, and Hebrew at a Baptist seminar, and my mother was a Geography teacher.
When I was a teenager, I was interested in several different things, ranging from martial arts and hunting, to chess, Rubik's cubes, and world literature. I also loved to write (chronicles, short stories, etc.). I still keep some of these hobbies.
I got a bachelor's degree in math education, in Brazil, and a master's degree in pure mathematics from Auburn University, Alabama (area of study: Harmonic and Functional Analysis). Before moving to Florida, I worked for 6 years as a high school teacher, at Smiths Station High School, Alabama. I had a tenure position, but I decided to teach in high education.
I am an enthusiast of mathematics. My favorite branches of math are Functional Analysis, Differential Geometry, and... History of Mathematics! I love to read biographies (Euler's and Newton's, mainly) and to learn more about the controversial dispute between Newton and Leibnitz on the "creation" of Calculus.
I am dedicating most of my time now to educate Elon, my little one. I've been reading a lot on how to raise children and about positive discipline. It is not an easy task, it is indeed a big challenge, but I feel accomplished by doing so. He has a fantastic memory and at the age of 1 he knew the alphabet in Portuguese and English and at 2 was already reading. I have several videos of those days.
- M.S. - Master of Science in Mathematics, Auburn University Main Campus
- MATH 112: Applied Calculus for Aviation
- MATH 106: Basic Algebra & Trigonometry
- MATH 111: Pre-calculus for Aviation
• Master’s thesis and contents: “A Special Banach Space and its Duality”, Auburn RBD Library (4th
Floor), QA 323 .F35 2003. Studied a special kind of function space, its properties, and the computation
of its dual space via incorporating the results of Radon Nikodym’s Theorem. This is a topic on the
Professional ExperienceIn USA: I taught in high school in the state of Alabama for from 2005 to 2011; and I've been teaching in higher education since 2011, at Warner University first (Florida), then at Florida Southern College (current full time job).
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
- Warner University Professor of the Year (Academic Year of 2013-2014)
- Most Outstanding Student of Year 2002 - Master's level (Department of Mathematics, Auburn University)