The views expressed on faculty and external web pages are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering,
M.S. - Master of Science in Electrical Engineering,
Cntrl Sys Analysis & Design
Control Systems Laboratory
Intro Computing for Engineers
Mod Nav Sys; Theory & Practice
Signal and Linear Sys Analy La
Signal and Linear System Analy
- EGR 115 Intro. to Computing for Engineers
- CEC 220 Digital Circuit Design
- CEC 222 Digital Circuit Design Lab
- EE 314 Signal and Linear System Analysis
- EE 315 Signal and Linear System Analysis Lab
- EE 401 Control Systems Analysis and Design
- EE 402 Control Systems Laboratory
- ME 406L Robotics II Lab
- EE 440 Modern Navigation Systems
- EE 460 Advanced Control and System Integration
- EE 499 Special Topics (Mobile Robot Navigation)
- NMT EE 589 & UNM ME 482/582: Robotics Engineering (Fall 2012)
- J. Dorfling, S. Siewert, C. Aranzazu-Suescun, S. Bruder, K. Rocha, P. Landon, G. Bondar, and T Pederson, "Satellite, Aerial, and Ground Sensor Fusion Experiment for Management of Elephants and Rhinos and Poaching Prevention," (accepted) 2022 AIAA SciTech, San Diego, California, 3-7 Jan 22.
- David Olson, Stephen Bruder, Adam Watkins, Cleon Davis, "Accurate Dead-Reckoning Localization Techniques for Autonomous Mobile Robots in GNSS-Denied Indoor Environments," ICRLA004 2021: 15. International Conference on Robotics, Learning and Algorithms, Sydney, Australia, December 02-03, 2021.
- S. Siewert, M. Andalibi, S. Bruder, J. Buchholz, D. Chamberlain, A. Erno, T. Shiroma, and D. Stockhouse, “Comparison of RADAR, Passive Optical with Acoustic, and Fused Multi-Modal Active and Passive Sensing for UAS Traffic Management Compliance and Urban Air Mobility Safety”, AIAA SciTech [program, presentation], Orlando, January 2020.
- S. Siewert, R. Sampigethaya, S. Bruder, M. Andalibi, “Multi-modal Active and Passive Sensing Experiments for Fail-Safe and Fail-Secure Urban UAS Traffic Management”, AUVSI Xponential, Chicago, May 2019.
- Siewert, M. Andalibi, S. Bruder, J. Buchholz, S. Rizor, R. Fernandez, “Slew-to-Cue Electro-Optical and Infrared Sensor Network for small UAS Detection, Tracking and Identification”, AIAA SciTech, San Diego, January 2019.
- S. Siewert, M. Andalibi, S. Bruder, I. Gentilini, A. Dandupally, S. Gavvala, O. Prabhu, J. Buchholz, D. Burklund, “Drone Net, a passive instrument network driven by machine vision and machine learning to automate UAS traffic management”, AUVSI Xponential poster, Denver, Colorado, May 2018.
- Aly El-Osery, Stephen Bruder, and Kevin Wedeward, "Using Multiple IMUs in a Stacked Filter Configuration for Calibration and Fine Alignment," SPIE Defense + Commercial Sensing conference, Orlando FL, 15 - 19 April 2018.
- S. Siewert, M. Andalibi, S. Bruder, I. Gentilini, J. Buchholz, “Drone Net Architecture for UAS Traffic Management Multi-modal Sensor Networking Experiments”, IEEE Aerospace Conference [program, presentation], Big Sky, Montana, March 2018.
- Tobias Fauser, Stephen Bruder, and Aly El-Osery, "A Comparison of Inertial-Based Navigation Algorithms for a Low-Cost Indoor Mobile Robot," IEEE 12th International Conference on Computer Science and Education (ICCSE), Houston, TX, 22-25 Aug 2017 (Received best paper award).
Over 30 years of technical knowledge in control, robotics, and navigation systems. Industrial administrative and strategic leadership in research and technology development. Technical expertise as a principal investigator on over $20M of funded research and development.
Memberships and Credentials
IEEE senior member
Awards, Honors and Recognitions
- 2020 Invited Panelist at UMEX/SimTEX 2020 Conference, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2017 IEEE 12th ICCSE conference best paper award
- 2016-17 ERAU Faculty Group of the Year for Research (ICARUS)
- 2016 ERAU Faculty Researcher of the Year
- 2015-16 ERAU Faculty Researcher of the Year 2015 ERAU Distinguished Faculty Award
- 2015 ERAU COE Teacher of the year
- 2015 ERAU Commencement Guest Speaker