Associate Professor of the Practice, College of Business
Department of Management and Technology
Worldwide College of Business
Dr. Henkel's career with ERAU began in 1992 as an adjunct faculty member. In 1995, he was hired as Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Resident Campus Director for the Savannah, Ga., Campus. In 1997, he was promoted to Embry-Riddle’s Southeast Regional Manager, and was responsible for 21 resident campuses and 10 teaching sites. In 2004, he was assigned as an Embry-Riddle Worldwide Regional Associate Dean for Academics. In this position, he was responsible for all faculty and academic matters and provided leadership for 30 full-time faculty and more than 700 part-time faculty. Currently, he is assigned to the Worldwide College of Business as Department Chair, Management Sciences.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration, Northcentral University
- Ed.D. - Doctor of Education in Education, Auburn University
- M.A.S. - Master of Aeronautical Science in Av Aerospace Management, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Personnel Management, Troy State University (main campus) : Montgomery
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Business & Management, University of Maryland System : College Park
- A.S. - Associate of Science in Instructor in Technology, Community College of the Air Force
- A.S. - Associate of Science in Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
- A.S. - Associate of Science in Work Center Management, Community College of the Air Force
Ratings and Certificates
Dr. Henkel is a military veteran with more than 30 years of service with the United States Air Force. His first 19 years of Air Force service were in the aircraft maintenance career field. After leaving the aircraft maintenance field in 1981, he began teaching Professional Military Education (PME) at the USAF Senior NCO Academy and later was promoted to Vice Commandant. He also held the position of Chief of Affiliations at the Community College of the Air Force, and retired from the Air Force in 1992 as Commandant, USAF Air Combat Command NCO Academy East.
Memberships and Credentials
Dr. Henkel is an active member of the NE Florida PMI Association.