Professor of Mathematics
Daytona College of Arts & Sciences
Daytona Beach campus
Open door most of the times except when I'm teaching; for guaranteed office hours please see your syllabus or drop me an email/phone message to set a time.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Mathematics, Florida Institute of Technology
- MA 505: Statistics I
- MA 412: Probability and Statistics
- MA 490: Capstone Project
- MA 413: Statistics
MA111,112,120,140,142,241-3,345,350,441,442,502 & MA 499/599 directed study (independent research)
Publications• T. Smith, “A study on the affect on distractive algebra in teaching higher mathematics to non technical college students,” East Journal of Mathematics Education, 2010
• D. Ross, S. Sajjadi & T. Smith, “On uniqueness results for the generalized KP equation with n <3,” Advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics, 2011.
• S. Sajjadi, T. Smith, “On stability fpr a BBM type equation of viscous shallow water waves,” advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics, 2013
• T. Smith, E. Subasi, “A regression model to investiage the performance of the Blac-Sholes in real time using macroeconomic predictors,” international journal of mathematical trends and technology, 2013
• T. Smith, A Hawkins, “An economic regression model to predict market movements,” international journal of mathematical trends and technology, 2014
• S. Sajjadi, T Smith, “Exact analytical solution to Kortewg-deVries on viscous liquid,” journal of fluid mechanics, in progress 2015.
Selected Publications -T. Kiguradze, T. Smith, On doubly periodic solutions of quasilinear hyperbolic equations of the fourth order, proceedings of the 2005 Conference of Difference and Differential Equations and applications, HINDAWI, New York 2005.
-R. Agarwal, S. Grace, T. Smith, Oscillation Criteria for first-order forced nonlinear difference equations, Advances in Difference Equations (volume 2006), HINDAWI, New York 2006. http://hindawi.com
-S. Sajjadi, T. Smith, Model equation for long waves in nonlinear dispersive system on a viscous liquid, Advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics (Volume 3 Issue 2), 2008. http://pphmj.com/journals/aafm.htm
-T. Smith, On existence and uniqueness results for the BBM equation with arbitrary forcing terms, International Journal of Mathematical Analysis (Volume 2 no 5-8), 2008. http://www.m-hikari.com/ijma/index.html
-S. Sajjadi, T. Smith, Applied Partial Differential Equations, Houghton Mifflin, 2008.
-S. Sajjadi, T. Smith, On a KdV type equation of viscous long range water waves, Advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics (Volume 6 no 1), 2009. http://pphmj.com/journals/aafm.htm
-T. Smith, On nonlinear generalizations for the KdV and BBM equation from long range water wave theory, International Journal of Mathematical Analysis (Volume 3 no 21), 2009. http://www.m-hikari.com/ijma/index.html
-T. Smith, G. Spradlig, On Osgood's criterion for classical wave equations and nonlinear shallow water wave equations, International Journal of Mathematical Analysis (Volume 4 no 20), 2010. http://www.m-hikari.com/ijma/index.html
-S. Sajjadi, T. Smith, A KdV type equation for dispersive systems of shallow water waves with higher order dissipation, Advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics, - submitted, accepted & in progress 2010. http://pphmj.com/journals/aafm.htm
Current:(Aug 2006 - present) Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Embry Riddle University-Daytona Beach Florida. Prior (2005 - 2006) Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Daytona Beach State College-Daytona Beach Florida. Prior (2002 - 2006) Teaching Assistant / Lecture, Florida Institute of Technology-Melbourne Florida