- Associate Professor
- Victor.Huayamave@erau.edu Email
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- College of Engineering
Areas of ExpertiseBiomechanics, Structural Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis, Computational Modeling, Mechanical Design, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer.
Dr. Victor Huayamave holds a Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis in biomechanics from the University of Central Florida. In 2015, he joined the faculty of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University as Visiting Assistant Professor. His research interests include finite element analysis, rigid body dynamics, multiscale modeling, and muscle mechanics. Specifically, he is interested in developing multiscale models for pediatric orthopedic pathologies such as developmental dysplasia of the hip. By using patient-specific anatomical models derived from MRI and CT scan data, Dr. Huayamave models the biomechanics of pathologies to improve the design of non-surgical devices. In addition, he has extensive experience using simulation software for developing solid models and 3D design concepts for mechanical products and machinery equipment.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, University of Central Florida
- M.S. - Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering: Thermo-Fluids, University of Central Florida
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Central Florida
- ME 436: Advanced Machine Design
- ME 800: Dissertation
- ES 204: Dynamics
- ME 700: Graduate Thesis
- ME 448L: Pre Dsgn in Biomed Sys Lab
- ME 448: Prelim Design in Biomed System