- Assistant Professor of Aerospace Engineering
- Yabin.Liao@erau.edu Email
- Aerospace Engineering Department
- College of Engineering
Areas of ExpertiseSmart materials, energy harvesting, structural dynamics, signal processing, and machine learning.
Dr. Yabin Liao received his B.E. degree in automotive engineering from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, in 1999. After that, he received the M.S.E. degree in electrical engineering in 2004, and Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering in 2005, both from Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona, USA. Dr. Liao taught at Arizona State University between 2006 and 2017, and then joined Penn State Erie as an Assistant Professor of Engineering. After that, he joined Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott as an Assistant Professor of Aerospace Engineering in 2021. His research interests include smart materials, energy harvesting, structural dynamics, signal processing, and machine learning. Dr. Liao is a member of the Energy Harvesting Technical Committee under the ASME Aerospace Division Adaptive Structures & Material Systems (ASMS) Branch.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Engineering: Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University