- Assistant Professor
- Yanir.Maidenberg@erau.edu Email
- Physical Sciences Department
- College of Arts & Sciences
Office HoursTuesdays 9:30am-4:30pm and by appointment.
Areas of Expertise
Nanoparticle fabrication and characterization
Yanir Maidenberg has received his bachelor of engineering from The Cooper Union and his PhD from Columbia University, both in the field of chemical engineering. He was employed as a research scientist at Unilever where conducted work in Dove soap formulations, micellar water makeup removers, and other personal care products.
He has been teaching full time since 2014 in the fields of chemical engineering, materials science, and chemistry. Prior to joining Embry-Riddle, he has worked at NYU Tandon School of Engineering leading the senior chemical and biomolecular engineering capstone design course as well as serving as undergraduate academic adviser and conducting other coursework.
His interests lie in interfacial science and engineering and its applications in the fields of atmospheric science, environmental cleanup, and drug delivery. He is also keenly interested in pedagogical research.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering, Columbia University in the City of New York
- M.S. - Master of Science in Chemical Engineering, Columbia University in the City of New York
- M.Phil. - Master of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering, Columbia University in the City of New York
- B.Eng. - Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering, Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art
- CHM 110: General Chemistry I
- EP 340: Intro to Space Systems Design
- PS 160: Physics for Engineers II
- ES 305: Thermodynamics
Courses TaughtPS 117
- Recovering from Industrial Overshoot: Cryogenic Carbon Capture of Atmospheric CO2 Sustainability Conference (2022)
Maidenberg, Y. "Teaching Tip: Remote Presentations for Unit Operations Laboratory." Chemical Engineering Education, 54 (3), 2020
Abulencia, J.P. and Maidenberg, Y. “Revisiting the Tubular Flow Reactor Experiment”. American Institute of Chemical Engineers November 2016 Meeting, San Francisco, CA
Zhang, S. Maidenberg, Y., Koberstein, J.T., “Adjusting the Surface Areal Density of Click-Reactive Azide Groups by Kinetic Control of the Azide Substitution Reaction on Bromine-Functional SAMs” Langmuir, 30, 6071-6078 (2014).
Maidenberg, Y., Zhang, Lao, K., Akhavein, N., Koberstein, J.T., “Mixed Silane Monolayers for Controlling the Surface Areal Density of Click-Reactive Alkyne Groups: A Method to Assess Preferential Surface Adsorption on Flat Substrates and a Method to Verify Compositional Homogeneity on Nanoparticles” Langmuir, 29, 11959-11965 (2013).
Maidenberg, Y., Phase Behavior of Polymer-Decorated Nanoparticles. Chemical Engineering Seminar at Columbia University April 2012, New York, NY
Maidenberg, Y., Koberstein, J.T. Precise Control of Areal Density of `Click' Functional Groups on Nanoparticle Surfaces. The American Physical Society March 2012 Meeting, Boston, MA